Is your standard charge for a speech $300,000? According to an article appearing on the website of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, and a May 31, 2013 email, Clinton’s standard contract usually includes:
- Round-trip transportation on a chartered private jet “e.g., a Gulfstream 450 or larger jet,” plus round-trip business class travel for two advance staffers who will arrive up to three days in advance.
- Hotel accommodations selected by Clinton’s staff and including “a presidential suite for Secretary Clinton and up to three (3) adjoining or contiguous single rooms for her travel aides and up to two (2) additional single rooms for the advance staff.”
- A $500 travel stipend to cover out-of-pocket costs for Clinton’s lead travel aide.
- Meals and incidentals for Clinton, her travel aides and advance staff, as well as all phone charges.
- Final approval of all moderators or introducers.
However, Hillary Clinton, to her credit, agreed to a discounted fee of $225,000 for a speech on October 13th at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Foundation fundraiser, even though her husband spoke at the 2012 UNLV Foundation dinner for $250,000.
Although Hillary Clinton stated that she and Bill Clinton were dead broke when they left the White House, according to Politico, between 2001 through 2012 Bill Clinton has been paid $104.9 million for 542 speeches. That averages out to $193,542 per speech. Not a bad recovery, heh?