- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. interviews Matt Taibbi about censorship and the Twitter files June 12, 2023 William Brighenti
- A Deep State in the United States rules the country regardless of the outcome of elections October 8, 2021TRUMP TOLD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THERE ARE THE SECURITY STATE AGENTS WHO THINK THAT THEY RUN THE GOVERNMENT AND HE STOOD UP TO THEM AND CHALLENGED THEIR ORTHODOXIES AND PIETIES AND SHOWED AMERICANS, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ON THE RIGHT, THAT THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE NOT NOBLE OR BENEVOLENT BUT ARE HIGHLY PERNICIOUS. THEY […]William Brighenti
- What risk do unvaccinated people pose to vaccinated people if vaccines work? September 30, 2021Joe Biden said, if you're fully vaccinated, the chances that you can get severely ill, not even die just get severely ill, are very low. And the statistic that he gave is, out of every 160,000 people who have been vaccinated, only one ends up going to the hospital with a serious illness. So the […]William Brighenti
- The media participated in a lying campaign to influence a political election September 25, 2021Glenn Greenwald: "So you have huge number of journalists who believe that, they have the right to lie and even when they get caught, they don't care because they know their audience won't hold it against them." Continue reading →William Brighenti
- The Deep State has declared war on American citizens who oppose the Deep State September 17, 2021THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE USING JANUARY 6TH. IT'S DEMENTED TO COMPARE 9/11 AND JANUARY 6TH BUT IT'S SO CENTRAL TO THE AGENDA OF THE SECURITY STATE, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY, TO ESSENTIALLY INITIATE A SURVEILLANCE REGIME, A DETENTION REGIME, AGAINST PEOPLE ON THE RIGHT WHO ARE AGAINST THE ESTABLISHMENT. AND THEY’RE ALREADY DOING IT. AND THEY […]William Brighenti
- The Deep State intervened in US politics to undermine the elected President Donald Trump September 4, 2021Carlson: So now we’re arming the Taliban and marooning our own citizens in Afghanistan. Who could possibly have seen that coming. Glenn Greenwald is one of the few journalists who did see it coming. He writes for Substack where all … Continue reading →William Brighenti
- The new fascism is the woke industrial complex consisting of big US corporations and the big governments of China and the United States August 12, 2021And so that is what I call the birth of this woke industrial complex. It is a new leviathan, a new monster, that is far more powerful than what Thomas Hobbes might have envisioned 400 years ago, and it is the biggest threat to individual liberty today. It is not big government alone. Its conservatives […]William Brighenti
- Censorship is antithetical to the scientific method because it requires free speech and open debate and skepticism August 3, 2021Censorship is antithetical to the scientific method because it requires free speech and open debate and skepticism Continue reading →William Brighenti
- FBI CIA NSA are not only spying on American citizens but also are illegally unmasking their identities to journalists who support our fascist government July 29, 2021FBI CIA NSA are not only spying on American citizens but also are illegally unmasking their identities to journalists who support our fascist government Continue reading →William Brighenti
- The government is instructing social media companies what shouldn’t be allowed to be on the internet even though these companies are the least competent to judge what is misinformation July 21, 2021The government is instructing social media companies what should and shouldn't be allowed to be on the internet, these are the people least competent to judge what is misinformation. Continue reading →William Brighenti
- Our government is using Big Tech companies to circumvent the First Amendment and censor free speech on its behalf July 19, 2021Google, Facebook and Twitter should be treated as state actors under existing legal doctrines. Using a combination of statutory inducements and regulatory threats, Congress has co-opted Silicon Valley to do through the back door what government cannot directly accomplish under the Constitution. Congress is giving Big Tech immunity and more power in exchange for it censoring […]William Brighenti
- The CIA NSA FBI are today’s Gestapo. Didn’t they create a phony Russian investigation to overthrow a Presidency? July 13, 2021THE SECURITY STATE HAS EXISTED SINCE THE END OF WORLD WAR II. THEY'VE BEEN OPERATING IN SECRET AND WITH NO DEMOCRATIC ACCOUNTABILITY FOR EIGHT OR NINE DECADES NOW. DWIGHT EISENHOWER WHEN HE LEFT OFFICE WARNED THE COUNTRY ABOUT THE DANGERS THAT THEY POSE. Continue reading →William Brighenti
- 36 tweets by Darryl Cooper aka @MartyrMade on July 8 2021 on why Trump supporters believe the 2020 election was fraudulent July 10, 2021Darryl Cooper, AKA @MartyrMade, is a podcaster who had a Twitter thread go viral with 13k retweets and 20k likes of the first Tweet alone. This one is 36-Tweets long. It makes very cogent arguments of not only why millions of Trump supporters believe the 2020 election was stolen, but also why we are justified […]William Brighenti
- Blood tests reveal that the Coronavirus COVID-19 originated before September 2019 and China knew and hid its origins December 3, 2020COVID-19 antibodies have been found in blood samples as early as September, 2019. China knew about the virus' transmission to humans months before it announced such to the world. Why has the media and our government not investigated this gross negligence, if not mass murder? Continue reading →William Brighenti
- Democratic elites are promoting a class system based on race and gender and sexual orientation December 2, 2020Democrats and elites are making straight white men the enemy of their new world order. Blacks, hispanics, gays are now the good guys; straight white men are the bad guys. Continue reading →William Brighenti
- With Joe Biden we get fascism: the collusion of government and corporatism November 8, 2020This ruling class of administrative state, big tech, corporations: all of these people think that they can get rid of Trump and we'll go back to normal. They're wedded to a broken system that has sold out the American people. And now they're going to try to sell out the American people and the middle […]William Brighenti
- The mainstream media and the Democratic Party and the intelligence agencies and the tech monopolies are your enemies. Like fascists they are misleading you with propaganda so that you will obey. October 31, 2020The real threat is collusion. When journalists strike secret alliances with the very people they're supposed to be holding accountable, we are in deep trouble. Lies go unchallenged. Democracy cannot function. And that's what we're watching right now. Continue reading →William Brighenti
- Glenn Greenwald says that the Democratic Party, NSA, CIA, Neocons, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, mainstream media have united to impose an authoritarian government of censorship and suppression of information October 31, 2020The CIA from the very first days of the Trump administration, even before he was inaugurated, devoted themselves to sabotaging the administration because Donald Trump questioned just a few of their pieties. And that can't be done in Washington. Whoever does that must be destroyed. And so the CIA and the Deep State operatives became […]William Brighenti
- Glenn Greenwald says the corruption in the U.S. News Media is absolutely pervasive October 22, 2020The problem is the corruption that is absolutely pervasive in the U.S. news media. There are newsrooms all throughout New York and Washington DC, where top editors are explicitly saying they do not want this story investigated. And they're being clear that the reason that they don't want to investigate it is because they think […]William Brighenti
- Big Tech opposes temporary blocking of H-1B guest worker visas because it wants to give your childrens’ jobs to cheap foreign labor July 2, 2020So Apple isn't fighting for diversity. They're doing exactly what they appear to be doing: they're trying to keep wages down and keep their workers compliant by importing labor from abroad.This isn't about diversity. It's about exploitation. It always is Continue reading →William Brighenti
Posts by William Brighenti
- June 2023 (1)
- October 2021 (1)
- September 2021 (4)
- August 2021 (2)
- July 2021 (5)
- December 2020 (2)
- November 2020 (1)
- October 2020 (3)
- July 2020 (2)
- June 2020 (7)
- November 2019 (2)
- October 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (5)
- September 2016 (7)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (4)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (2)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (24)
- April 2015 (5)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- August 2014 (3)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (16)
- June 2012 (9)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (7)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (7)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (17)
- June 2011 (48)
- May 2011 (47)
- April 2011 (88)
- March 2011 (21)
- February 2011 (45)
- January 2011 (38)
- December 2010 (17)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (7)
- September 2010 (6)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (3)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (3)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (10)
- December 2009 (1)
- November 2009 (18)
- October 2009 (1)
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. interviews Matt Taibbi about censorship and the Twitter files
- A Deep State in the United States rules the country regardless of the outcome of elections
- What risk do unvaccinated people pose to vaccinated people if vaccines work?
- The media participated in a lying campaign to influence a political election
- The Deep State has declared war on American citizens who oppose the Deep State
- The Deep State intervened in US politics to undermine the elected President Donald Trump
- The new fascism is the woke industrial complex consisting of big US corporations and the big governments of China and the United States
- Censorship is antithetical to the scientific method because it requires free speech and open debate and skepticism
- FBI CIA NSA are not only spying on American citizens but also are illegally unmasking their identities to journalists who support our fascist government
- The government is instructing social media companies what shouldn’t be allowed to be on the internet even though these companies are the least competent to judge what is misinformation
- Our government is using Big Tech companies to circumvent the First Amendment and censor free speech on its behalf
- The CIA NSA FBI are today’s Gestapo. Didn’t they create a phony Russian investigation to overthrow a Presidency?
- 36 tweets by Darryl Cooper aka @MartyrMade on July 8 2021 on why Trump supporters believe the 2020 election was fraudulent
- Blood tests reveal that the Coronavirus COVID-19 originated before September 2019 and China knew and hid its origins
- Democratic elites are promoting a class system based on race and gender and sexual orientation
- With Joe Biden we get fascism: the collusion of government and corporatism
- The mainstream media and the Democratic Party and the intelligence agencies and the tech monopolies are your enemies. Like fascists they are misleading you with propaganda so that you will obey.
- Glenn Greenwald says that the Democratic Party, NSA, CIA, Neocons, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, mainstream media have united to impose an authoritarian government of censorship and suppression of information
- Glenn Greenwald says the corruption in the U.S. News Media is absolutely pervasive
- Big Tech opposes temporary blocking of H-1B guest worker visas because it wants to give your childrens’ jobs to cheap foreign labor
- Is Tucker Carlson accusing Republican officeholders of not defending normal American citizens?
- Donald Trump will lose in November because he failed to walk his big talk
- Antifa and Black Lives Matter are the Democratic Party’s blackshirts and brownshirts to strengthen and protect our totalitarian fascist state
- Antifa Black Lives Matter is a totalitarian political movement to overthrow a capitalistic free market and free society
- Republican leaders abandoned conservatives and police officers and law and order during riots
- Liberals and their media are attacking absolute equality under the law
- Google and Big Tech are censoring free speech
- Tucker Carlson calls Robin DiAngelo’s book, “White Fragility,” “an utterly ridiculous book,” “poisonous garbage,” and “a crackpot race tract”
- The Left is trying to end free speech and overturn the First Amendment in addition to the Second Amendment
- Elizabeth Warren is really just this season’s Hillary Clinton — faithful party robot, stalwart defender of the prerogatives of the establishment.
- Bob Stefanowski will make Sam Brownback look like a socialist in comparison by eliminating the income tax in Connecticut
- Does Joe Aresimowicz put his constituents in the 30th Connecticut House District first or public employee unions first?
- Lobbyists are buying our government out from under us
- Intuit Payroll Sucks
- The SEBAC agreement is the mother of all can-kicks a sweetheart deal protected by contract for a full decade
- Claudia Stauber compares Bernie Sanders to a lover who cheats and leaves you but says he still loves you
- The DNC is a one big capitalistic gangbang of Democrats and corporate donors and lobbyists
- The hit job on Keith Ellison by the Corporate Democratic National Committee
- Bernie Sanders is not the revolutionary leader for whom progressives have been waiting
- Our intelligence agencies have issued disclaimers stating that their reports of Russian hacking of the election lack any proof of facts
- The Democrats lost the election because they became Republicans in the nineties under Bill Clinton
- Bernie Sanders just sold out Progressives once again but this time to Chuck Schumer
- Donald Trump sells out supporters by selecting executives from Goldman Sachs for key cabinet posts to regulate our economy
- Hillary Clinton and the corporate Democrats lost because Donald Trump ran to their left and outflanked them so don’t blame Jill Stein or sexism or racism. Video and transcript.
- Ralph Nader and John Nichols and Bill Curry autopsy the Presidential election
- Full Interview of Julian Assange by John Pilger on the State of the Union 2016
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong!
- Michael Moore says middle class should vote for Trump to oppose elites, Corporate America, Wall Street, career politicians, media
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong!
- The Brainwashing Of Hillary Voters Is Complete. Transcript of October 20 2016 The Jimmy Dore Show.
- Jill Stein argues that Hillary Clinton is much scarier than Donald Trump
- Jimmy Dore says voting your conscience means not voting for Hillary Clinton but for Jill Stein
- Glenn Greenwald Asks “Why Did Saudi Regime & Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to Clinton Foundation?” Transcript and video.
- Chris Hedges argues that corporate commodification of our natural resources and human capital will continue unabated. Transcript and video.
- Ralph Nader Says Calling a Third-Party Candidate a Spoiler Is the Same as Saying Shut Up
- Chris Hedges says to stop terrorism we merely need to end the U.S. occupation of the Middle East
- Ralph Nader: Bernie Sanders’ wonderful effort that he launched is now aborted and is dissipating.
- Jill Stein interviewed by Ralph Nader September 17 2016. Recording and transcript of interview.
- Did companies and countries buy access to the State Department by donating to the Clinton Foundation?
- Chris Hedges and Jill Stein and Ralph Nader are the real revolutionaries while Bernie Sanders and Robert Reich and Hillary Clinton are part of the devil’s Democratic Party
- Bernie Sanders was never a real candidate but was merely this election’s sheepdog for Hillary Clinton to herd progressives back into the corral of the Democratic Party.
- Julian Assange says that we must have political accountability–a general deterrence set to stop political organizations behaving in a corrupt manner.
- If you think Donald Trump is bad now, wait and see how bad Hillary Clinton will be as President.
- Who Should Bernie Voters Support Now? Robert Reich vs. Chris Hedges on Tackling the Neoliberal Order
- Bernie Sanders betrays his supporters with his announcement of voting for Hillary Clinton and signals his intentions of his endorsement at the convention
- Green Party’s Jill Stein — What We Fear from Donald Trump We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton
- JAW-DROPPING Evidence Of Election Fraud & Media Blackout
- Ralph Nader talks about the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Primary on C-Span May 4 2016
- Bill Curry analyzes the Connecticut primaries April 26 2016 on Fox CT News
- Debbie Lusignan the Sane Progressive calls out Bernie Sanders for failing to contest the election fraud in the Democratic primaries
- Glenn Greenwald on Democracy Now reports that Hillary Clinton Has Embraced Some of the Most Brutal Dictators in the World
- Sanders Slams Trump for Attacks on Clintons
- Van Jones Thinks Bernie Sanders is Going to Win Iowa
- Is the DNC Afraid of Democracy? Clinton WH Counselor Says Party a “Dead Carcass” for Stifling Debate
- Bernie Sanders on fight against ISIS: “We have got to learn the lessons from Iraq”
- Berlin High School football recruiting scandal cost Berlin Connecticut taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars
- Berlin Connecticut needs candidates from a third political party to stop the strict partisan voting on the Town Council
- Make an Offer that the IRS Can’t Refuse: How to calculate an offer in compromise acceptable to the”Don”
- Why Bernie Sanders is destined to lose
- Chuck Todd of Meet the Press interviews Bernie Sanders on May 31 2015
- Bernie Sanders calls out Hillary Clinton to announce her position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement
- Chuck Todd tells Andrea Mitchell that Hillary Clinton will win the African-American and Hispanic vote in spite of the intellectual appeal of Bernie Sanders to liberal white voters
- Senator Bernie Sanders formally announces his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President
- Is Bernie Sanders out in far-left field or are both political parties out in far-right field
- Senator Bernie Sanders warns the press not to underestimate him in the 2016 campaign for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States
- Bernie Sanders does not have to win the Iowa Primary to set up his race
- Senator Bernie Sanders appeals to the media to cover the serious issues of our country instead of political gossip during political campaigns
- The new found populist message of Hillary Clinton is all talk and mere talking points to get elected
- Bernie Sanders can win even though the Democratic Party is run by the Corporate Democrats and they have already anointed Hillary Clinton as their candidate for President
- Senator Bernie Sanders before the Senate December 2 2014 presenting an Economic Agenda for America: 12 Steps Forward
- Senator Bernie Sanders tells Ed Schultz to make college tuition free for students and pay for it with a tax on Wall Street speculation
- College for ALL Act presented by Senator Bernie Sanders on May 19 2015
- Bernie Sanders tells Wolf Blitzer that college tuition should be free and paid for by a tax on Wall Street Speculation
- Senator Bernie Sanders does not think that Hillary Clinton can stand up and fight for the middle class
- Senator Bernie Sanders interviewed by Chris Hayes on May 6 2015
- CNN Brianna Keilar interviews Senator Bernie Sanders on State of the Union May 17 2015
- Senator Bernie Sanders speaks out against the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement to the United States Senate May 12 2015
- Bernie Sanders offers a real deal to the middle class and not the raw deal of Hillary Clinton
- Bernie Sanders says he can beat Hillary Clinton
- The response of Senator Richard Blumenthal to my letter in opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Senator Bernie Sanders on This Week With George Stephanopoulos – ABC News
- Ed Shultz interviews Bernie Sanders on The Ed Show April 30 2015
- Clinton Cash – do you trust Bill and Hillary Clinton in positions of power
- George Stephanopoulos interviews Peter Schweizer, author of Clinton Cash book
- Hillary Faces Questions About Cash Donations to Clinton Foundation
- Bernie Sanders asks what is Hillary Clinton campaigning on
- Intuit’s effort to stop tax fraud under scrutiny – who should be blamed for fraudsters using Turbotax to seal returns
- TurboTax’s Anti-Fraud Efforts Under Scrutiny
- TurboTax accounts hacked, delaying tax refunds, compromising personal information, impairing credit rating
- Are accountants the future anthropologists of the cyber era?
- Don’t let a stooge prepare your income tax returns.
- Alayne Fleischmann blows whistle on JPMorgan Chase massive criminal securities fraud
- Connecticut Department of Labor: SNAFU!
- Berlin looks to build $21 million police department
- Residents Oppose Cost of Berlin Police Department Move to Bigger Space
- Is Hillary Clinton an elitist? Do you charge $300,000 for a speech, and get a private jet, presidential suite at a luxury hotel, meals, etc.?
- Another reason why I will not renew my subscription with Intuit for ProSeries tax software
- Town of Berlin, Connecticut’s Annual Budget and Democratic Process
- Summary of Staff Discussion Draft: International Business Tax Reform
- Have you ever noticed that the Internal Revenue Service’s regulations often are illogical?
- Are you experiencing long waits calling the IRS?
- Thinking of using TurboTax to file your tax returns? Think again. The Minnesota Department of Revenue advises against using Intuit software to file tax returns!
- Amy Goodman interviews Tavis Smiley, Cornel West on the 2012 Election & Why Calling Obama “Progressive” Ignores His Record. Democracy Now: Friday, November 9, 2012.
- Wearechange.org interview of Glenn Greenwald on the next four years with President Obama. Greenwald predicts “it’s all going to get much worse”.
- Why you should not vote for Barack Obama for President, and why you need to vote for Rocky Anderson
- President Obama says that he cannot change Washington from the inside
- The video Linda McMahon, Connecticut Republican candidate for the US Senate, may not want you to see?
- Cenk Uygur says President Obama will definitely cut the entitlements of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
- The super rich have evaded taxes on as much as $32 trillion of assets hidden in secret tax havens
- We Can’t Waste Another Election Voting for Million Dollar Candidates Who Serve the One Percent: Rocky Anderson for President 2012
- Senate Republicans prevent passage of the Bring Jobs Home Act to end tax breaks for corporations for outsourcing jobs overseas!
- Cenk Uygur attacks Maria Bartiromo and CNBC for protecting the fraudsters on Wall Street
- LIBOR Contractions: Diamond Cracks. Who is Watching the Watchdog? Eliot Spitzer on Viewpoint with Matt Taibbi and Dennis Kelleher, July 3, 2012 and July 16, 2012. Videos.
- Maria Bartiromo accuses Eliot Spitzer of having a personal vendetta against the former CEO of AIG, Hank Greenberg: isn’t this the very same Hank Greenberg who was fined $15 million?!?!
- The scary humor of Mitt Romney: where the heck is a time machine when you need one?
- Is Rocky Anderson the spoiler or the moral alternative in the 2012 Presidential election?
- Republicans, conservative Democrats, Romney, Obama, continue to support the outsourcing of jobs with trade agreements unfair to American manufacturers
- Historical Facts Debunk Myth that Tax Cuts for the Rich Create Jobs
- Attorney General Eric Holder: the Slow and the Listless
- Cutting taxes creates jobs: wrong! History shows the exact opposite!
- Political campaign fundraising is basically legalized bribery
- CEO pay is outrageous: 380 times more than that of average worker.
- If I were Obama: Cenk Uygur advises President Obama to fight and attack the Republicans
- Progressives are dissatisfied with President Obama and the Congressional Democrats overall.
- Less than 100 Americans determine U.S. election results: say bye-bye to our democracy and hello to the plutocracy
- The United States Supreme Court overturns Montana’s Supreme Court’s decision against corporate contributions to politicians
- Our government is corrupt, bought off by the big banks. Matt Taibbi and Yves Smith discuss on Bill Moyers. Video and transcript
- Although President Obama is the lesser of two evils, he is nonetheless evil. Cenk Uygur, Alyona Minkovski, Megan Carpentier discuss on The Young Turks, June 20, 2012.
- Cenk Uygur on Harvard Professor Roberto Unger’s “Don’t Vote for Obama”
- Barack Obama’s former professor at Harvard, Roberto Unger, explains why President Obama must be defeated in order to advance the progressive cause. Video and transcript
- Video: Dr. Joseph E. Stiglitz Interviewed by Cenk Uygur, June 15, 2012, with Full Transcript
- Video: President Obama says “the private sector is doing fine.” Now I understand why 23 million Americans are still without a job! Our President is clueless!
- Barefoot Accountant’s Exclusive Interview of Rocky Anderson, Presidential Candidate of the Justice Party, on May 29, 2012: Video and Transcript
- If only Ralph Nader had become President in 2000? Oh, Rachel and Reuben, what a lovely world this would be….
- Rocky Anderson to be interviewed on the Barefoot Accountant’s livestream internet program
- Watch the Barefoot Accountant’s Livestream Program on Taxes, Accounting, QuickBooks, and U.S. Politics
- The Rich and the Rest of Us: a Poverty Manifesto. Video and transcript.
- The Barefoot Accountant launches a livestream call-in program on taxes, QuickBooks, accounting, U.S. politics, business and personal finances.
- Watch The Barefoot Accountant livestream daily. Call in or start chatting to discuss taxes, politics, accounting, QuickBooks, small business and personal finances.
- The Dark Ages of Wall Street. Viewpoint Interview of Bethany McLean by Eliot Spitzer on Current TV, April 20, 2012. Video transcript.
- JOBS: Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act. Legalizing Fraud in the Stock Market. Interview of Matt Taibbi by Eliot Spitzer on Viewpoint, Current TV, April 9, 2012. Video and Transcript.
- Matt Taibbi discusses his recent article, Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail, on Democracy Now, March 22, 2012. Video with review.
- Cenk Uygur interviews Matt Taibbi from Rolling Stone on Current TV on Bank of America being too crooked to fail, March 22, 2012: bid rigging and sale of poor quality mortgage-backed securities. Video and transcript.
- Damning Report: Obama And The Grand Bargain. Cenk Uygur video Current TV March 20, 2012
- Should Progressives now fall in line behind President Obama just because an election is coming up?
- Does President Obama have the right economic plan overall?
- A tale of two Obamas: Dr. Jeckyll in a campaign; Mr. Hyde in office. Whatever happened to the fierce urgency of now?
- An email to Warren Buffett to run for President of the United States
- Russ Feingold blames big money in politics for unfair trade agreements, consolidation of the media, and deregulation of Wall Street
- Should corporate taxes be lowered when the effective tax rate of corporations is only 12.1%?
- Is President Obama soft on the banks? Of course!
- President Obama’s budget proposal: is it really a Godsend for the 99%?!
- Cenk Uygur calls Grover Norquist the whore of Babylon, and the scum of the earth. Cenk Uygur is coming for Grover Norquist.
- $26 billion mortgage settlement: too little, too late. President Barack Obama: Wall Street’s man in government?
- 2012 Balancing Act: the failure of Obamacare; the failure of Obama in not proposing a single-payer healthcare system
- How the Republican party works. The Mega Power Panel on Cenk Uygur’s the Young Turks, Current TV, January 13, 2012. Video and transcript.
- Are conservatives this week admitting that the country is fundamentally progressive? The Mega Power Panel on Cenk Uygur’s the Young Turks, January 13, 2012, Current TV. Video and transcript.
- The conflict between the rich and the poor has become very strong over the past two years.
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: Full Video Version
- Susan Bysiewicz has published her Accountability Plan for reforming and fixing America’s economy and government in Washington. A Review by the Barefoot Accountant.
- Watch Cenk Uygur on Current TV every night at 7 PM EST here on the Barefoot Accountant’s political-tax webblog
- Cenk Uygur: President Barack Obama failed the economic recovery with a stimulus package too small
- What caused the economic collapse, recession, depression, in 2008? How did Wall Street bring on America’s economic collapse?
- Is Sarbanes Oxley dead? Why are financial fraud investigations down 57% after the biggest financial fraud in our country’s history?
- Cenk Uygur on President Obama’s born-again Progressivism. Obama does not walk the talk.
- The inequity of America’s tax laws. Barefoot Accountant’s interview of Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Democratic primary candidate for U.S. Senate. Part III of interview.
- November 22, 2011 Letter from Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Democratic Primary Candidate for the U.S. Senate: Same Old Story
- We need a guy with guts in the Oval Office to fight for the middle class of America. Alan Grayson should be President. He attacked Wall Street, the Big Banks, and the Federal Reserve while Obama capitulated and Clinton rolled over.
- Disappointed in the CL&P’s power restoration efforts to storms Irene and Alfred? Then sign the petition below!
- A few helpful campaign suggestions to Herman Cain in his week of need
- The state of the American economy and its politics: is it time to shoot the fox?
- A matter of incompetency at the Internal Revenue Service. What criteria determine the hiring of employees at the Internal Revenue Service?
- Herman Cain’s economic plan: let them eat pizza. The pizza guy delivers lots of anchovies with his nein-nein-nein tax proposal.
- Let’s Elect Warren Buffett for President! He has the guts to raise taxes on the rich!
- A Letter from Susan Bysiewicz, Democratic Primary Candidate for the U.S. Senate from Connecticut, on Leaving Iraq
- Melissa Harris-Perry explains why the American economy performs better under Democratic Presidents. Reverend Al Sharpton’s Politics Nation, Monday, October 17, 2011, MSNBC TV
- President Obama’s Jobs Bill is an Insult to the American Workers and Unemployed
- A Need for Term Limits to Public Office at the National, State, and Municipal Levels of Government
- Connecticut Congressman Chris Murphy’s response to my question, what are you doing to create jobs?
- Barefoot Accountant’s interview of Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut candidate for U.S. Senate. Part II: Fair Trade Agreements; Corporate Taxes; Corporate Control of Government
- The Barefoot Accountant interviews Connecticut’s Democratic candidate for the United States Senate, Susan Bysiewicz. Video and transcript of interview, Part I: How the government can create jobs
- Sign the petition to draft Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont to run for President in 2012 and challenge Barack Obama from the left.
- Firedoglake is as bad as MSNBC when it comes to “editing” material on its website
- Petition Mayor Adam Salina of Berlin, Connecticut to stop raising property taxes
- Bring back Cenk Uygur to the daily MSNBC TV 6 PM hour. Petition Phil Griffin of MSNBC.
- Did the Hartford Courant’s recent report on the effects of the Connecticut income tax miss the point?
- Black Princeton University Professor Cornel West calls President Barack Obama the black mascot of Wall Street
- Cenk Uygur on what MSNBC really offered & What’s Next
- Free Press?! Cenk Uygur leaves MSNBC over political disagreements – RT 110722
- Cenk Uygur – Truth About Why He Left MSNBC (25-Jul-11)(POLITICS, MEDIA & SOCIETY series)
- Did White House or DC Politicians Get MSNBC Host Cenk Uygur Axed??
- Cenk Uygur embraces MSNBC’s “outsider” label
- Cenk Uygur on Leaving MSNBC
- Cenk Uygur leaving MSNBC. Is free press fading?
- The MSM’s latest sensational scandal: itself
- Rejecting Lucrative Offer, Cenk Uygur Leaves MSNBC After Being Told to “Act Like an Insider”
- Cenk Uygur Tells Keith Olbermann MSNBC Said “People In Washington Did Not Like My Tone”
- Cenk Uygur reviews the new polls showing that President Obama is losing his base that got him elected in 2008. The Young Turks, July 26, 2011.
- Why Cenk Uygur left MSNBC TV. Is the Reverend Al Sharpton a rascist?
- Sign the petition for President Obama to raise the highest marginal tax rate on the wealthy
- Sign the petition to protest Governor Malloy’s Connecticut tax bill, Senate Bill No. 1239, targeting the middle class. It’s time to tax the rich, not the middle class!
- Brit Hume: Understanding the Debt Limit. Fox News, June 27, 2011.
- Republicans declare war on the middle class. Cenk Uygur June 24, 2011 video transcript
- The main event: Congress takes a gamble on America’s debt. Down to the wire: GOP daring Dems to show budget backbone. Cenk Uygur June 24, 2011 video transcript
- Mendte: Lawmakers have too many days off. Members of Congress only work half a year.
- Look who is not talking? Cantor backs out of budget talks. Cenk Uygur June 23, 2011 Video Transcript
- A brilliant, well-oiled propaganda machine, funded by big corporate interests, to steal more billions from the middle class.
- Cenk Attacks Rich Tax Holiday On MSNBC. Why do the rich keep getting breaks?
- Counter the Koch Billions. Protect Social Security. Will you help Senator Sanders expose the Koch Echo Chamber? Video Transcript
- Social distortion. Does the GOP suffer from social insecurity? Cenk Uygur June 22 2011 video transcript
- Robert Reich Explains Why We Make Less Money Now Than In 1980: Cenk Uygur Video Transcript
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC Challenges Bachmann June 21, 2011 Con Job: Video Transcript
- The Great Divide: Wall Street vs. Main Street. America burdened by tax inequality. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 21, 2011 video transcript
- The biggest Republican tax lie: the great Republican tax lie. Lawrence O’Donnell The Last Word June 20, 2011 video and transcript
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC June 20, 2011 Video Transcript. Wanted: jobs not cuts. Showdown on Capitol Hill: Gang of Five’s Plan.
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC June 17, 2011 video transcript: No more excuses. Social Insecurity? Shock headline: AARP open to cuts in Social Security. AARP admits it’s open to cuts in Social Security benefits.
- Cenk Uygur’s Con Job June 17, 2011: more money in Paul Ryan’s pocket from his budget plan. Richard Hanna trashed stimulus plan, but is front and centered for photo ops celebrating the stimulus plan: of course! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live Con Job and Of Course features June 17, 2011 video transcript
- Cenk Uygur to Democrats: no more excuses. During Weiner distraction GOP advances radical agenda. Standing strong: time for Democrats to fight GOP cuts. Fight the right: Democrats try to refocus. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live June 17 2011 video and transcript
- Ryan plan feels the heat. Misreading the mandate? Ryan plan plummets in new polling. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live June 15 2011 video and transcript
- The Power Panel: is Medicare a losing battle? Do Republicans have an authenticity problem? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 16, 2011 Video Transcript
- Disastrous Budget Deal Coming In June? Cenk Uygur the Young Turks June 15, 2011 video and transcript
- Progressives: hold the line! Fight the right! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 15, 2011 Video and Transcript: How Democrats can fix the economy without the GOP
- Cenk Uygur, the Aggressive Progressive, June 13, 2011: IMF Economists Blame Lobbyists for Crash. Video and transcript.
- Aggressive Progressive: Crooked Politicians, Businessmen, & Bankers Pilfer Town Causing Massive Layoffs and Tax Hikes. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript.
- Cenk Uygur’s GOP Con Job for June 14, 2011: Cut Women and Children First! Video and Transcript
- The Power Panel discusses the Medicare problem: Democrats refuse to cave on Medicare, but will the Obama White House cave? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript
- Wanted: jobs, not cuts. The progressive caucus proposes a jobs program. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript
- Is Obama too focused on Wall Street? Wall Street: is it really worth it for Obama to woo Wall Street? Does Obama need Wall Street Fat Cats to win in 2012? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 13, 2011 the Power Panel.
- Job creation versus spending cuts. Wanted: jobs not cuts. Economists: forget cuts, spend to solve job crisis. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 13, 2011 video and transcript with Robert Reich.
- ABC This Week’s Economic Panel: Jobless Recovery. The Barefoot Accountant’s commentary, analysis, and response.
- Economic Panel: Jobless Recovery? ABC News This Week June 12, 2011 Video and Transcript
- American Jobs Matter Act reintroduced by Connecticut Congressman Chris Murphy fails by four votes. Republicans vote down another jobs bill.
- The Power Panel on President Obama, Democrats and Republicans regarding the national deficit cutting, jobs, and medicare. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 9, 2011 video and transcript
- Americans need jobs. Rebuild the dream. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 8, 2011 video and transcript
- The Bush tax cuts: a decade of disaster. Ed Schultz Show MSNBC TV June 7, 2011
- Ye Gods, another bad experience with Intuit’s ProSeries tax software!
- US faces mounting debt. The right gets it wrong. Chris Matthews’ “Hardball” June 7, 2011 video and transcript
- Dubya’s lost decade: 10 years of Bush tax cuts. Ten (10) year anniversary of Bush tax cuts: thanks for nothing! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 7, 2011, video and transcript
- Is President Barack Obama a Wall Streeter? Of Course!!!!
- Wall Street: The Untouchables. Why isn’t Wall Street in jail? Exposing Wall Street’s banks.
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV’s Con Job June 3, 2011: Paul Ryan lies while defending his health care plan. Video and transcript.
- Do Republicans “gotta have faith?” Will the purity test crush Republicans in 2012? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV’s the Power Panel June 3, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Serial Job Killers: House Republicans Ducking Blame for Unemployment. GOP Backtracks on Economic Promise. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 3, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Is the GOP trashing the economy? Cutting spending during a recession? Where is that jobs bill the Republicans were crying for before the last election? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript
- Fight to the finish: Democrats vow to continue their fight. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- GOP remains defiant on budget. GOP’s tough stance: don’t raise taxes on billionaires. GOP fighting to protect tax breaks for millionaires. War on the Middle Class. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Please sign up to form the Middle Class Party in Connecticut
- The meeting. Budget talks stalled again.
- Face off: GOP refuses to budge on budget talks. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 1, 2011: Video and Transcript
- Of Course! Senator Bought by Goldman Sachs. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript May 31, 2011.
- Crackdown on Mediscams. Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services announced recently that the Feds will hold CEOs of health care companies personally accountable for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
- Are the Democrats caving in on Medicare? The Young Turk’s, Cenk Uygur’s, analysis on video with transcript.
- Who did the Fed give money to? Cenk Uygur video and transcript.
- Ryan Tries But Fails To Defend Medicare Plan. Cenk Uygur Video & Transcript.
- Fake Grassroots Right-Wing Think Tank is the Republican Con Job of the Day, May 26, 2011. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript.
- Fight to the finish. A fight to the finish over the budget. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript May 26, 2011
- Prescription for failure. Stand by your man: GOP doubles down on Paul Ryan. Worshipping Ryan. GOP unites behind Ryan plan. Cenk Uygur video and transcript MSNBC TV May 26, 2011
- The Power Panel: What’s the Deal on Medicare? Will Democrats Cave on Medicare? Cenk Uygur MSNBC Live TV May 25, 2011 video and transcript
- Wall Street: too big to jail? Inside the Goldman Sachs Investigation. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV May 25, 2011 Video and Transcript
- Republicans are lying when they say we don’t have a revenue problem. GOP is protecting its rich donor base.
- Does Roger Ailes set the agenda for the GOP? GOP Kingmaker: Fox News chief and the Republican Party. Transcript and video of Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV May 23, 2011
- Horrifying Super-Duper PAC. Transcript and Video of Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks.
- Proof that Eric Cantor and GOP Republicans are screwing you for money. Transcript and video of Cenk Uygur
- The Rat PAC. GOP Looking to Super PAC for Help. How the Republican Super Pac Works.
- Banksters: fraud, false claims, and more fraud. Wall Street banks: too big to jail?
- Over a barrel. Defining the GOP’s love affair with big oil.
- Best Buy proved to be the Worst Buy of my entire life
- Larry Mendte: You’ll never guess what taxes U.S. corporations pay
- Larry Mendte: Tax loopholes for big corporations. GE paid no Federal income taxes.
- Lies, bigger lies, and the susceptibility of the American public to political propaganda
- When to withdraw: getting out of Afghanistan
- Debt drama: debt and the deficit.
- Debt ceiling disaster looms. Debt limit fight.
- Crude reality. Challenging big oil on tax breaks.
- Slick politics: big oil fights to keep tax breaks and retorts opposing oil subsidies is “un-American”.
- Dollars and nonsense. Deficit debate full of false facts.
- Getting drilled: ending Federal giveaways to big oil
- Cenk Uygur’s Republican Con Job of May 10, 2011: hypocrisy over revealing full disclosure of campaign donations.
- Should we leave Afghanistan with bin Laden dead?
- Unemployment, gas prices rise.
- GOP fuels the gas problem. Wall Street fueling the problem. Goldman Sachs speculation in oil commodities increasing the cost of gas by $.80 per gallon.
- GOP retreats on Ryan’s budget. Boy blunder, or kid thrown under the bus.
- President Obama’s approval rating on his handling of the economy is at the lowest level of his presidency
- That hokey-pokey, birds of paradise mating dance of the Democrats and Republicans. And guess who gets screwed in the end?
- Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy’s income tax bill favors the rich. It places Connecticut’s deficit on the backs of the middle class. Is Dannel Malloy positioning himself right of center because of future political aspirations?
- How Osama bin Laden eluded George Bush. If Pakistan was a safe haven for Osama bin Laden, then why were we giving Pakistan $20 billion?!
- Misleading jobs report. Are politicians giving big breaks to banks? War on the middle class.
- Republican con job of the day: remember before the last election the Republicans kept asking, “where are the jobs?”
- War on the middle class. Corporate profits are way up, but there is no trickling down to middle class, and no creating of jobs for middle class.
- Republicans are running from Paul Ryan’s budget plan because of the medicare proposal in the plan.
- GOP – Grand Oil Party. Republicans vote down measure to end tax breaks for big oil companies.
- Dick Durbin video: How can we send one more American soldier to fight and die in Afghanistan? How long are we going to continue to spend $12 billion a month in Afghanistan?
- The future of Afghanistan. Mission accomplished, so let’s leave and save hundreds of billions of dollars!
- OK, we finally got Osama. Now it’s time to get Obama…out of office!
- The Constitution of the United Corporate States of America….as amended by all the crooks in Congress and the White House
- Video of Entire Speech of Donald Trump in Las Vegas on April 28, 2011: Why the Donald continues to lead in the polls among the other GOP candidates!
- The Official Republican Version of the Pledge of Allegiance. Read their lips!
- Hands off my grandma. Challenging Representative Paul Ryan.
- It’s the economy. Jobs versus the budget.
- Oscars for politics. Journalists: don’t get seduced by Correspondent’s Dinner. Take their money, drink their liquor, but still hold these politicians, corporations and lobbyists accountable!
- Banks charge taxpayers for their own money. Banks are robbing the middle class.
- Big banks are robbing the middle class: big banks are scamming the American taxpayer out of billions and billions of dollars
- GOP: Gas & Oil Party. Oil companies preserve profits as gas prices rise.
- Town hall anger directed at GOP. The backlash over Paul Ryan’s plan to end Medicare continues….
- Is Pelosi forcing the GOP’s hand on oil subsidies? Do Democrats have the Republicans over a barrel on $4 billion annual oil subsidies?
- Fixing the country’s gas dilemma. Fueling the fire. Ending the $4 billion federal government’s subsidy to big oil companies.
- Backlash. Does Obama disappoint progressives? Yes!!!
- How to fix our American economy and create more jobs? A 19 point progressive program to stop the hemorrhaging of our country’s life blood!
- The GOP’s War on Medicare. Path to Prosperity is a Campaign of Deceit!
- The people’s budget.
- Norquist talks debt fight. Will Senator Tom Coburn consider tax increases?
- Follow the clues: Obama intends to lower the corporate tax rates!
- The Trump card 2012. Is Trump’s strategy backfiring?
- The Ryan Shame. Is the GOP losing the budget war?
- Budget backlash. Town hall attendees target Ryan’s budget.
- A question of taxes. Take a hike.
- Trump’s chances….Is he running? Trump tops GOP candidates in latest Gallup poll!
- The Barefoot Accountant wishes you a very Happy Easter! Please enjoy Bing Crosby singing “Easter Parade” from the 1942 film, “Holiday Inn”.
- Left hook. Voters fight back against the budget. New signs GOP budget triggering backlash.
- Back to Base-ics: 2012. Obama goes back to the basics. Protesters to Obama: Where’s our change. We paid our dues, where’s our change?” Progressives cannot trust a President who violated their trust on multiple occasions.
- President Obama keeps positioning himself in the middle at the expense of the middle class. President Obama does not represent Democrats nor democracy!
- Do we have a real social security problem? Or do we have a gang of thieves on the Deficit Commission!
- Nevada Senator to announce resignation. Senator John Ensign to resign tomorrow.
- Rigged game: ending oil subsidiaries
- Republicans love socialism…socialism for corporations, that is!
- Trumped the shark. Trump’s resume filled with business failures.
- Popularity problem. GOP leaders face taxing questions.
- No major oil spill legislation passed. Off-shore drilling, one year later
- Robbing the middle class. Congress and Obama want to steal your retirement funds!
- Ending birther conspiracies. Birth(er) of a party?!
- Trumping on the bandwagon. Is Trump just an opportunist?
- Saving Medicare: Save Our Seniors
- Donald Trump trumps the Wall Street Journal! Kelly Evans Interviews the Donald on April 11, 2011
- Are liberals too compromising? Are liberals suckers?
- Obama may have found his “Trump” card: GOP’s worst nightmare
- Save our seniors: saving medicare
- Subterranean House-sick Blues! New York Representative Joseph Crowley literally speechless over GOP’s agenda
- GOP confused over the nation’s debt. What is a CONservative? Someone who gives you a CON job. In other words, a Republican!
- Republicans vote to end Medicare. Party’s over. Is Obama finally fired up and ready to go?
- Deja vu all over again? Paul Ryan’s plan to end medicare is just another example of voodoo economics to give to the rich
- Mr. Walker goes to Washington. He ain’t no Mr. Smith!
- For whom the bell tolls? It tolls for thee, Republican Congressmen in senior districts, when you vote for Paul Ryan’s plan to end medicare. It’s a whine party. Is the GOP the party of whiners?
- Right off a cliff? Tea Party burdens GOP
- The vision thing: will Americans share the burden of the debt?
- Obama to go after Bush-era tax cuts. Progressive USA.
- Fight for America. Fighting for America’s future.
- Right to choose. Conservative views enforced on D.C.
- A defining moment for Obama: no right turn!
- Happy Birthday, Romneycare! Will health care ruin Romney’s presidential bid?
- Showdown breakdown: did the Democrats get a “deal” on the budget?
- Battle over taxes heats up. GOP Republicans: of the rich, by the rich, for the rich
- The Main Event: Agreeing on a Budget
- Watch MSNBC TV Live Stream Free on the Barefoot Accountant: Watch Cenk Uygur, Chris Matthews, Lawrence O’Donnell, Dylan Ratigan, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow
- Paul Ryan’s budget proposal: another con job for the rich?
- Rigged game: oil companies are getting billions in tax giveaways!
- Will of the people? GOP fails to appeal to America’s needs.
- Government shutdown. Will a government shutdown improve Obama’s standing?
- Does CONservative stand for con job? Con job: GOP Budget exposed by CBO
- Who’s at fault over budget impasse threatening governmental shutdown: Democrats or Republicans?
- Looking at Trump’s history of bankruptcy. More trumped up rhetoric from the “Donald”.
- Compromising positions. Poll: Tea Party won’t compromise.
- Stuck in the middle: 2012 Presidential hopefuls hold back on praising Representative Ryan’s budget. Ryan’s budget puts candidates in tough spot.
- Flaws evident in Ryan’s plan. Doesn’t add up.
- Shutdown showdown: who benefits from a government shutdown?
- The Path to Prosperity By Rep. Paul Ryan: Representative Paul Ryan’s Prepared Remarks at AEI Event
- The TARP fiasco: (3) big TARP sins the government never told you. Big banks stealing from you.
- Countdown to shutdown. Government remains in disarray.
- Inside the Koch Brothers’ vast network. Koch Brothers Industries: the Koch Party
- Why Medicare won’t go away.
- GOP remains quiet as Obama launches bid. Gopher it.
- Obama announces re-election bid. 2012.
- Obama gets involved in the budget battle. Budget: slash and burned.
- Nontaxable wages of volunteer firefighters and emergency medical responders
- Unions unite. Will union-bashing hurt the GOP?
- Transformer. Obama returns focus to energy.
- Tea Party slide. Poll: the Tea Party rapidly losing popularity. The GOP’s Tea Party problem.
- Manslaughter charges for BP
- Tea Party Budget Battle. GOP Refuses to Negotiate on Budget.
- Will social conservatives sink the GOP in 2012?
- British Invasion? UK faces its own budget battle.
- Countrywide: Borrowed Time. Who Will Take the Blame for America’s Mortgage Crisis?
- Numbers game: playing the numbers game.
- False positive: despite promising numbers, Americans still without jobs!
- Tea’d off: Tea Party Won’t Budge on the Budget!
- Tread on me. Why Democrats won’t benefit from a budget deal.
- Union attacks backfire. Worker assault backfires. Union-busting governors face dropping poll numbers.
- Mixed signals: is Obama alienating himself from America?
- Armageddon avoided: why the GOP is wrong about healthcare.
- Automatic two-month extension for individuals living outside of U.S. to file tax return and pay taxes; however, beware!
- MSNBC TV Live Stream: Watch Cenk Uygur and Chris Matthews on “Hardball”, Lawrence O’Donnell
- Hostile Takeover. Attacking the American worker.
- Obama fails to make counter-argument. Base patrol. Change we can believe in?
- New way to fight back. Grassroots groups continue to fight in Wisconsin.
- Enrolled agent faces a ten year prison term for failing to understand QuickBooks. QuickBooks users beware: never enter your customer payments prior to recording an invoice or statement charge!
- GOP blames Obama on oil prices. Running on empty.
- Failing America’s schools.
- Going south. Exposing Rick Scott’s past.
- Find a solution to the budget problem. Indefensible.
- Wake up call. Wake up call in Wisconsin
- Polls: strong support for ending oil subsidies. What America wants.
- America liberal at heart.
- Party foul: Government to stay open…for two more weeks
- Not winning: GOP splits over budget
- Jobs return despite GOP efforts: men not at work
- The elephant in the room. Is it time to raise taxes? Tax deal or no tax deal?
- Business matters….What interest does the U.S. have in Libya?
- Wall Street: Make them pay! Middle class keeps up the fight.
- Can budget cuts lead to tragedy? Draconian budget cuts have real life consequences.
- Did Allstate increase your homeowners insurance premium significantly this year?
- Governmental Accounting Explained: let’s add, subtract, multiply, divide, and make up numbers as we go along….
- You have to be rich not to pay taxes….Our politicians have been bought by the elite rich
- Shame on the GOP: Obama the politician will not march with union employees in Wisconsin
- Corporate Spying: Wikileaks threatened to expose big banks
- Libya shows the U.S. the cost of freedom
- Who is the American Petroleum Institute? Direct Deposit
- Is Wisconsin the Right-Wing Waterloo? Is Governor Scott Walker another Napoleon?
- Tax season is too short
- Is Governor Scott Walker the Devil?
- Going to the extreme: Are GOP governors too radical?
- You might be a CPA if …
- Line in the sand: should Obama go to Wisconsin?
- Koch dealers: Koch brothers linked to Wisconsin budget
- Do you need to lighten up during tax season?
- Something’s not right. Is the GOP in disarray?
- Showdown tonight on Capital Hill: Boehner threatens government shutdown.
- State workers fight back in Wisconsin. Attack on the American worker
- Fighting oil’s billions in breaks. Fueling their profits
- Will the GOP take away jobs? GOP war on jobs.
- The Truth about Taxes and about Obama: Obama is Not a True Progressive
- Obama’s budget brings change
- President Obama Continues to Shun His Base
- Obama moves budget center
- Not Everyone is a Reagan Fan. “I Have Come to Bury Him, Not to Praise Him.”
- Bernie Sanders: “We got to break these babies up”. Four big banks hold 50% of our country’s assets!
- Are Intuit’s Ethics Questionable? Am I the Only Moron When It Comes to Downloading, Licensing, and Paying for Intuit’s Tax Software, ProSeries?
- Out to Lunch: House GOP Wants to Cut $28 Billion from Jobs Training Program
- Florida Budget Aims to Cut Corporate Taxes.
- Taxes Remain at Lowest Point Since 1950s. Warren Buffett’s tax rate is only 16%!
- Would Today’s GOP Right-Wing Republicans Vote for Ronald Reagan Today?
- Koch Brothers and How to Buy U.S. Government
- Cenk to Obama: Big Business is just not that into you
- Have you read the Time Magazine article on “The Pentagon’s Marauding Fraudsters”? Military defense contractors who put the “con” in contractors, milking the taxpayers for billions, entitling them to be “con”victs.
- GE turns to U.S. for bailouts but turns to China for employees
- GOP Spins Jobs Report: House Speaker John Boehner Claims that the Stimulus Plan Caused the Dismal Jobs Report
- Businesses reveal unhappiness with Obama policies
- GOP fuzzy on budget math. Why a CPA is needed in Washington NOW!
- Battle over big oil: GOP Republicans (and Democrats) are giving your tax dollars to big oil companies
- Vox Clamantis: “the voice of one crying out”
- Companies who are exporting American jobs overseas
- Courting the right
- Billionaires meet secretly with politicians, talk-show hosts, and others to influence legislation for personal business interests
- “Liberal” is not a dirty word
- What is the more important priority for Americans in 2011: create jobs or cut deficit?
- The GOP is not conservative: they are more responsible for the national debt and deficits. Here are the facts!
- Sarah Palin says the U.S. lost the space race? Are Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann Presidential material? Better still, do they live on our planet earth?!
- Crisis inquiry: ‘Too much risk, too little capital’
- Financial Crisis Causes: Report Blames Government Officials and Wall Street Execs
- Is there too much power in one Republican’s hands?
- Fox News Guest, Newt Gingrich, Rips ‘Liberal Math’
- Senate Republicans Fight to Repeal Health Care
- CEO’s Make Billions While Taking Taxpayer Money
- GOP Doesn’t Lack Public Funding
- The President’s State of the Union, as always, is just a lot of talk
- Bernie Sanders’ Take on Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Rand Paul’s Crazy Budget Cut Plan
- Goldman Sachs Stole $3 Billion in TARP Funds from You, the American Taxpayer
- Republican Extremism: Privatizing Social Security, Vouchers for Medicare, Against Unemployment Insurance, and Other Goodies
- GOP Moves Backwards, Not Forward
- Are American Politicians Going to Extremes?
- Obama’s State of the Union Address is Just Talk!
- Has Obama Become a Centrist and Corporatist, and Sold Out the Average American?
- The 10 Commandments of CPAs
- Is accounting really boring, or has virtually the entire human race just been getting it all wrong since the beginning of time?!
- 10 Things Accountants Don’t Tell their Clients
- Are You An Accounting Nerd?
- Why not a CPA as President?
- 10 out of 9 accountants can’t count!
- Accountants: Are They Born or Made?
- Types of Clients Served by Public Accounting Firms
- Are You a CPA with an OCD? I’m a CPA with a CDO!
Tucker Carlson: SO WHO’S REALLY IN CHARGE? THAT’S A REALLY INTERESTING QUESTION. TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION, WE ARE HONORED TO BE JOINED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS FOR AN AWFUL LONG TIME. THAT WOULD BE GLENN GREENWALD, WHO WRITES FOR SUBSTACK. HE HAS BEEN COVERING THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE FOR DECADES SAYING THINGS IN RETROSPECT THAT PROVED TO BE TOTALLY TRUE. WE ARE HAPPY TO HAVE HIM JOIN US NOW. THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING ON.
AS JUST NOTED, YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE TRAIL OF THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE LONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS ANYTHING MORE THAN A CONSPIRACY THEORY, AS WE NOW SAY. WHO DO YOU THINK IS ACTUALLY IN CHARGE OF THE GOVERNMENT AT THIS POINT?
Glenn Greenwald: IT’S BIZARRE, TUCKER, BECAUSE THE TRUMP PRESIDENCY BROUGHT SO MUCH EVIDENCE SHOWING US WHO WAS. ONE OF THE VIDEO CLIPS THAT I ALWAYS POINT TO WAS WHEN CHUCK SCHUMER WENT ON THE RACHEL MADDOW SHOW DAYS BEFORE TRUMP WAS INAUGURATED WHEN HE HAD POSTED SOMETHING CRITICIZING THE CIA FOR GETTING IRAQ WRONG, AND CHUCK SCHUMER SAID ETHICS ASIDE, HOW CAN DONALD TRUMP BE SO STUPID AS TO DO THAT TO THE CIA — IF YOU CHALLENGE THE CIA, THEY HAVE SIX DIFFERENT WAYS TO SUNDAY TO GET BACK AT YOU.
I MEAN, THE ENTIRE TRUMP PRESIDENCY WAS DRIVEN BY ALL SORTS OF NARRATIVES FROM THE MEDIA ABOUT HOW THESE HEROIC, INDEPENDENT GENERALS, LIKE MATTIS AND JOHN KELLY AND H.R. McMASTER WERE GOING TO SAVE US FROM THE ELECTED PRESIDENT. AND THERE WERE ALL KINDS OF REPORTS ABOUT HOW THE SECURITY STATE OFFICIALS WOULD CONCEAL CLASSIFIED INFORMATION THAT THEY DIDN’T WANT PRESIDENT TRUMP TO HAVE IN ORDER TO MANIPULATE HIS DECISION-MAKING OR EVEN SUBVERT OR IGNORE HIS DECISION-MAKING, LIKED WHEN HE WOULD TELL THEM TO WITHDRAW TROOPS FROM SYRIA, AND THEY WOULD LIE TO HIM AND PRETEND THEY DID WHEN THEY JUST MOVE THEM INSTEAD.
AND THIS WAS CELEBRATED WHILE AT THE SAME TIME THEY WOULD SAY, IF YOU SAY THAT THERE IS A DEEP STATE IN THE UNITED STATES, WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT DWIGHT EISENHOWER WARNED ABOUT, A PERMANENT POWER FACTION IN WASHINGTON THAT RULES THE COUNTRY REGARDLESS OF THE OUTCOME OF ELECTIONS, THEY WOULD TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE CRAZY, OR THAT YOU ARE CONSPIRACY THEORY, EVEN AS THEY WERE CHEERING FOR THE CLASSIC DEFINITION OF THE DEEP STATE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
SO YOU HAVE TO BE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST OR INCREDIBLY GULLIBLE NOT TO BELIEVE THAT THAT EXISTS.
Tucker Carlson: SO HERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT WON ME OVER. FAMOUSLY PEOPLE SAY IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CHARGE, WHO YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE. WHAT IS THE ONE GROUP REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS NEVER CRITICIZE? THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE.
REPUBLICANS ARE HAPPY TO GO AFTER THE IRS OR THE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT. I CAN’T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME A REPUBLICAN LEADER MEANINGFULLY CRITICIZED DOJ OR THE PENTAGON. OF COURSE, DEMOCRATS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. THAT KIND OF TELLS YOU EVERYTHING, DOESN’T IT?
Glenn Greenwald: EXACTLY. AND THE AMAZING THING IS, I MEAN FOR WHATEVER FLAWS YOU WANT TO POINT TO IN DONALD TRUMP’S COMPORTMENT AND GOVERNANCE, WHICH I THINK THERE ARE SEVERAL VALID ONES, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS THAT HE DID WAS HE DEVIATED FROM THAT CAGE THAT PRESIDENTS ARE KEPT IN, HE TOLD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THERE ARE THE SECURITY STATE AGENTS WHO THINK THAT THEY RUN THE GOVERNMENT AND HE STOOD UP TO THEM AND CHALLENGED THEIR ORTHODOXIES AND PIETIES AND SHOWED AMERICANS, ESPECIALLY PEOPLE IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ON THE RIGHT, THAT THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE NOT NOBLE OR BENEVOLENT BUT ARE HIGHLY PERNICIOUS. THEY WANT TO INTERFERE IN OUR DOMESTIC POLITICS AND THEY OUGHT TO BE DEEPLY DISTRUSTED.
I THINK THAT WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS HE DID AND IT WAS FOR THAT REASON, HIS WILLINGNESS TO CRITICIZE THEM, THAT THEY HATED HIM AND SPENT FOUR YEARS TRYING TO UNDERMINE HIS PRESIDENCY. AND, TUCKER, THE AMAZING THING IS THEY ALWAYS TALK ABOUT THE SANCTITY OF DEMOCRACY. HOW IS DEMOCRACY MORE THREATENED THAN HAVING UNELECTED PEOPLE WHO OPERATE IN THE DARK FREE TO UNDERMINE AND SABOTAGE THE PERSON THAT AMERICANS CHOSE AS THEIR PRESIDENT?
Tucker Carlson: THANK YOU, EXACTLY. IF YOU WANT TO WRECK DEMOCRACY, THAT’S HOW YOU DO IT’S. THERE’S A LOT OF EVIDENCE THE LAST PRESIDENT WAS REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR POWER ON A PERSONAL LEVEL, HE UNDERSTOOD HOW POWERFUL THEY ARE. REALLY QUICK, DO YOU THINK AT THIS STAGE IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE FOR A PRESIDENT TO PUSH BACK AND TO STRIP THE UNELECTED POWER CENTERS OF SOME OF THEIR POWER IN OUR GOVERNMENT?
Glenn Greenwald: YOU WOULD NEED A BIG ARMY BEHIND YOU. THAT’S WHY PEOPLE IN WASHINGTON WERE PETRIFIED OF J. EDGAR HOOVER. HE KEPT DOSSIERS THROUGH THE FBI ON EVERY POLITICIAN IN WASHINGTON. THEY DO HAVE A LOT OF AMASSED POWER. YOU NEED THE POPULATION TO RISE UP AGAINST THEM FOR THAT TO WORK.
Tucker Carlson: I HOPE THAT HAPPENS — I THINK DEMOCRACY IS WORTH HAVING. I KNOW YOU FEEL THAT WAY, TOO. GLENN GREENWALD, AN ANTI-AUTHORITARIAN, WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE. THANKS.
GLENN GREENWALD: THANKS, TUCKER.
William Brighenti, CPA
Accountants CPA Hartford, Connecticut, LLC
Carlson: So everyone knows from watching television, reading the new York times, that the only people who haven’t gotten the vaccine are members of the qanon army, right-wing crazies. But actually it turns out just 30 percent of African Americans in New York between the ages of 18 and 44 are fully vaccinated. Hispanics are the second least vaccinated population in the country. So those mostly are not Republicans but you would never know that from reading the popular press.
The coverage of COVID has taken an openly political cast. People who don’t get the vaccine are considered criminals thought criminals: they’re right-wingers. Salon just ran this headline: quote, “it’s time to start firing unvaccinated people. Trump fans are overdue for a lesson in consequences.” Can you imagine that’s healthcare in America 2021?
Glenn Greenwald is an independent journalist. He writes for Substack. He joins us tonight. Glenn, what do you do? I mean, you’ve watched this whole thing from afar a year and a half into this and now virtually every part of the government’s response to COVID seems to have political overtones. Where does that leave us?
Greenwald: Yeah I mean it’s hard for me even to endure listening to liberal discourse about COVID anymore. Usually when someone has a view that’s different than mine, I can isolate the rationale that they’re using to come to that conclusion even though I don’t agree with it. And I’m at a complete loss to understand what the argument even is.
On September 9th when President Biden went to the White House and gave a speech on COVID to announce his COVID mandate for large employers, he said–this is not me–he said, Joe Biden said, if you’re fully vaccinated, the chances that you can get severely ill, not even die just get severely ill, are very low. And the statistic that he gave is, out of every 160,000 people who have been vaccinated, only one ends up going to the hospital with a serious illness.
So the risk if you’re vaccinated is almost zero, which means what danger do unvaccinated people pose to people like me who listened to that and went and got the vaccine? I can’t comprehend the argument. And yet when Joe Biden imposed the vaccine mandate. he said–because he had to to justify why he could do it legally–the bottom line is we need to protect vaccinated workers from the dangers posed by unvaccinated people.
What dangers do unvaccinated people pose to those who are vaccinated? None. It is purely punitive. It’s a way of saying, if you don’t obey us, if you don’t defer to our superior wisdom, we are going to inflict pain and suffering on you and take vengeance on you for your defiance. That is all that this is about.
Carlson: It’s hurting my brain too and and I just want to restate what you said. You are vaccinated. You know, you can be vaccinated. You can love the vaccine. You can have nine booster shots. That’s not relevant to the debate here. The question is should people who don’t want it be forced to get it and if so why? And no one’s explained that. And I thank you for restating that. I’m baffled all day long, every day.
Glenn Greenwald, I appreciate it.
Greenwald: Good to be with you, Tucker.
William Brighenti, CPA
CARLSON: These people are craven buffoons and stupid, obviously, but it is notable that they are all saying exactly the same thing. It makes you think maybe everybody is on the same team, and you’re on the wrong team. Is that true?
Glenn Greenwald has been watching carefully. He is an independent journalist who writes on “Substack,” and you should read his stuff because it is excellent. He joins us tonight.
Glenn, thanks so much for coming on. What do you make of this? Is this realignment or was it a previous alignment? What are we looking at?
GLENN GREENWALD, JOURNALIST: I think it’s worth first of all remembering and I know that you remember, I started writing about politics in 2005, so I do how liberals used to be overflowing with so much hatred and contempt for George Bush. They frequently compared him to Adolf Hitler, claimed his family was crucial to the rise of the Nazi Party, claimed something I agree with that he’s a war criminal who belongs at The Hague.
He said he was so filled with racism that he purposely allowed New Orleans to drown because so many black people lived there, and every liberal I know believes that George Bush stole at least one election and maybe even two both in 2000 and 2004.
So basically, they concocted a person you can’t get much worse than that and suddenly, in the Trump years, as he began lightly criticizing Trump, they began saying things like, you know what, I didn’t agree with George Bush all the time, but I never questioned his character and his values and his patriotism.
But this weekend, it turned into this love fest. I mean, they dripped with effusive praise for him because what he said there that essentially the 9/11 attacks that he was there to commemorate are the same as the three- hour riot on January 6th, and more importantly that the people who did 9/11, al-Qaeda are similar or identical to kind of the same foul spirit as he put it, Trump supporters essentially and that they ought to be treated the same, a war on terror against al-Qaeda, now a domestic war on terror against your fellow citizens.
It is music to the ears of American liberals because they want nothing more than a new domestic war on terror than treating their political adversaries like the Bush administration treated al-Qaeda.
CARLSON: It’s such a lunatic and extreme thing to say, to compare. It’s like Hitler comparisons. I mean, to compare people whose politics you don’t like in the United States, who haven’t killed anybody so far as I know to Osama bin Laden, why is that not instantly disqualifying? Just because of the overstatement.
GREENWALD: The reason is because it is a political priority and I probably have spent more time reporting on this this year than any other topic. It is a political priority of the political class to launch a new domestic war on terror.
You can go back to before January 6 to November of 2020 and see articles in “The Wall Street Journal” where Joe Biden was saying, my top priority as President once I get inaugurated, will be to combat domestic extremism. Once January 6th happened, that became the pretext for doing it, like a lot of neocons wanted to invade Iraq before 9/11, and then 9/11 happened and then they got to use that as the pretext. That’s what they’re using January 6th.
It’s demented to compare 9/11 and January 6, but it’s so central to the agenda of the security state, the Democratic Party to essentially initiate a surveillance regime, a detention regime against people on the right who are against the establishment, and they’re already doing it.
They put people on the no-fly list, the kind of defining feature of the first war on terror, want to do new legislation that gives the F.B.I. and the C.I.A. new powers, spending lots more money on law enforcement. This war on terror is crucial to them.
CARLSON: I think you’re exactly right, and it’s not just going to be people on the right, it will — it’s any dissent, anyone who opposes the regime, I think that would include you, too, Glenn Greenwald so good luck.
Thank you for coming on tonight.
Carlson: So now we’re arming the Taliban and marooning our own citizens in Afghanistan. Who could possibly have seen that coming. Glenn Greenwald is one of the few journalists who did see it coming. He writes for Substack where all of us read him. You should, too. He joins us tonight. Glenn, thanks so much for coming on.
So it’s a little weird for the news organizations that repeated uncritically, and not just on the left, I hate to say it, but almost all of them just repeated these this kind of happy talk, about how Afghanistan was progressing for 20 years and then they whip around and are shocked that actually it’s a mess and always have been. There’s some dishonesty there, isn’t there?
Greenwald: The whole thing was a fraud. And you know, you can go back to things like in 2019, the Washington Post publishing what it called the Afghanistan papers, there’s now a book out by the reporter who broke that really important story, they did a good job on it, where they obtained secret documents going up to 2016 under the Obama years where internally they were saying the exact opposite of what they were saying publicly about the war in Afghanistan just like they did in Vietnam as revealed by the Pentagon Papers.
They were saying to the public, as you just showed, we’re making great progress, we have faith in the Afghan national security forces. Internally they knew the Afghan national security forces were a joke. They were filled with illiterate people who couldn’t do anything, with drug addicts, with people who had no interest in fighting: they would disappear as soon as they got their paycheck.
The whole war for years and years and years was a lie. And so while I do agree, of course, that there are ineptitudes in how we withdrew, the fact that we withdrew because two presidents, first President Trump and then President Biden, ensured that it happened, is something to celebrate in large part because it’s the first time in as long as I can remember as these people what I do know is the Deep State that manipulate us all the time, that lie to us all the time for their own benefit, have finally lost, and the media is turning against Biden, not because they suddenly became fair but because they’ve been in bed with the Deep State: that’s who fed them Russia-gate, that’s who fed them all the leaks during the Trump years. And they’re angry on behalf of the faction that they genuinely serve.
Carlson: well I hate to say I agree with you. I mean I think Biden is an awful President, the worst I can remember, and totally out of it, senile. On the other hand, he’s the President of the United States. You’re not supposed to leak an audio tape of his recorded conversation with another Head of State. I mean that’s that’s a felony for one thing. And for another like how can any President do real diplomacy if he’s being undermined by permanent Washington. Like why shouldn’t we be worried about that?
Greenwald: You know I think this is the key point for me at least when I look at the Trump years. A lot of people obviously ask me why weren’t you as worried as other people on, you know, the left about the Trump presidency. And my reason was because what I saw in opposition to the Trump presidency was something far more dangerous than anything that I thought he would be capable of doing. Which is that they took their masks off. They made clear the CIA, the Pentagon, the permanent military and Security State inside the United States that they were willing to intervene in US politics to undermine
the elected President.
The very first article I wrote before Trump was even inaugurated in January 17, 2017 was headlined, “the Deep State Goes to War with the Elected President.” The fact that we have a Deep State, that the US media was cheering, they were thrilled that these generals they were heralding as heroes for ignoring Trump’s orders, for keeping classified information away from him, for manipulating him, for subverting his decisions, they were cheering these generals as saving us from our elected leader, which is the definition of a Deep State at the same time as they were calling anyone who was pointing out that we have a Deep State unhinged, crazy, conspiracy theorist. That to me is the most dangerous development of the last five years is that unelected generals, intelligence operatives, arrogated into themselves, while the media cheered, the power to override our democracy whenever they thought that it was in our best interest to do so.
Carlson: And that leaves the entire population powerless. You know, your vote doesn’t matter, and that makes the society super volatile and dangerous. And I agree with you 100%. I used to laugh at the term the Deep State but it’s totally real unfortunately. Glenn Greenwald, I appreciate your coming on today. Thank you.
Greenwald: Good to be with you Tucker. Thanks.
The new fascism is the woke industrial complex consisting of big US corporations and the big governments of China and the United States
Vivek Ramaswamy: When I think about the health of a democracy, really any democracy but especially American democracy, it’s really simple. It is the percentage of people who are willing to say what they actually believe in public. And right now we are doing abysmally on that metric.
And when I reflect on it, first personally as a human being, I wasn’t free to say what I actually believed as CEO. That’s why I had to separate my voice from my company. But now I am a citizen and I’m not going to mince words about what I think we need to do about the cultural epidemic that we’re that we’re facing as a people.
What you have is a bunch of people in my generation, a bunch of woke millennials get together with a bunch of big banks, together they birth woke capitalism. And then they put Occupy Wall Street up for adoption, and that’s really when wokeness met capitalism, that’s when it went from a fringe theory in the academy to becoming supercharged with the potency of capitalism.
And when it mixed with capitalism, that’s when wokeness became….
Tucker Carlson: Talk about an axis of evil. I mean this might be the ugliest most dangerous alliance in American history. I can’t think of anything more destructive than what you just described.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Yeah and it’s the funny thing is it’s an arranged marriage but not of love. It is more like mutual prostitution because each side in this marriage secretly has contempt for the other. They have secret contempt for the other. And any marriage in which each side secretly disdains the other isn’t going to end well. But right now it’s working because each side is getting something out of it.
Tucker Carlson: Can we skip to the part where they eat each other and we enjoy it.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Well there’s a part that comes in between them, which is where this, uh, this bilateral arranged marriage actually turns into what I call a threesome, which is the Communist Party of China getting in on the act, right? So they see what’s going on here with this arranged marriage and they say, okay, this is actually an opportunity and the opportunity is this: if we can get those companies to criticize the United States in the United States but stay silent about our actual human rights abuses here in China, we can do the thing that we could have never done with our nuclear arsenal, and that is to undermine the moral standing of the United States on the global stage. So they got in on this act.
There’s a Chinese word for wokeness as you well know: baizuo, which literally refers to all
white people, they used to laugh at us, but it’s not just a joke. They are now using that as a
geopolitical tool to say, oh, Nike and Disney and the NBA and Marriott, you want to criticize the United States, have at it. If you criticize China, we’re going to build a great Chinese wall and you can’t enter our market. But if you criticize the United States, we’re going to roll out the red carpet to you.
And by the way if you’re airbnb, we’re going to roll out the red carpet if and only if you give us the consumer data that you gathered from your progressive consumers who love it when you post a black square on Instagram, a condition for airbnb’s entry to China. That’s a little little-known secret that the Wall Street Journal reported on last year.
But that’s how this game is played.
Tucker Carlson: You’re upsetting me. [Laughter]
Vivek Ramaswamy: It it makes my blood boil.
Tucker Carlson: I know all this. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it as clearly explained as you just did.
Vivek Ramaswamy: Well I spent a year and a half thinking about it for the book so I better be able to tell you a little something about it. But it is maddening to watch the way in which they’re playing us like a Chinese mandolin. And it is working. And the way they’ve done it is they have turned these corporations into Trojan horses that undermine the United States from within because they are now the new international arbiters of moral justice.
And so China can go to the UN and if they’re pressed about the Uyghur human rights crisis by European, by the EU, as they were last year, the first thing that comes out of Xi Jinping’s mouth is, actually black lives matter shows that the United States is no better. But now you don’t have to take it from Xi Jinping, you could take it from Nike, you could take it from the NBA, you could take it from Disney, the neutral arbiters of moral justice who actually make a better buck because they can enter the Chinese market if they shut up about China but they criticize the United States.
But for China they get something out of that trade, back to that mutual prostitution. It’s now a three-way prostitution where China is able to get something out of it, which is the people who are known to criticize injustice, never criticize injustice over here. That creates this false equivalence between Chinese nihilism and American idealism, and when that happens, Chinese nihilism wins every time. Thank you Lebron James, thank you Disney, thank you NBA. That’s the world that we live in.
And so that is what I call the birth of this woke industrial complex. It is a new leviathan, a new monster, that is far more powerful than what Thomas Hobbes might have envisioned 400 years ago, and it is the biggest threat to individual liberty today. It is not big government alone. Its conservatives are reciting lines that they memorized in 1980, thinking that big government was the threat to individual liberty. Maybe it was in 1980. It’s not today. It is this new hybrid of big government and big business and big government not just in the United States but big government in places like China, co-mingled with big business creating the actual threat to our liberty and our prosperity.
And it’s really hard to know what to do about it when we have spent the last 40 years defending the castle of capitalism from the front door without recognizing that that castle was invaded through the back door from woke activists to the Chinese Communist Party. And I think the defining challenge for us as Americans today is how do we actually sterilize that castle without burning the whole thing down.
Transcribed by William Brighenti, CPA
The Barefoot Accountant