- Bob Stefanowski will make Sam Brownback look like a socialist in comparison by eliminating the income tax in Connecticut October 27, 2018NEWS 8 IS YOUR LOCAL ELECTION HEADQUARTERS…. AND TONIGHT…VOODOO ECONOMICS! CHIEF POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT MARK DAVIS TELLING US HOW REPEALING THE STATE INCOME TAX IS THE LATEST HEATED TOPIC BETWEEN THE CANIDATES FOR GOVERNOR. DEMOCRAT NED LAMONT IS OPENING A … Continue reading → The post Bob Stefanowski will make Sam Brownback look like a […]William Brighenti
- Does Joe Aresimowicz put his constituents in the 30th Connecticut House District first or public employee unions first? June 11, 2018Connecticut General Assembly Majority Leader Joe Aresimowicz speaking at the 2014 CEUI Convention. Joe Aresimowicz, in speaking to a governmental employee union group in 2014, assured governmental union employees that he would be looking out for them: "You guys have one of your own that sits in the caucus room of the General Assembly. You […]William Brighenti
- Lobbyists are buying our government out from under us May 17, 2018Lobbyists are buying our government out from under us Continue reading → The post Lobbyists are buying our government out from under us appeared first on The Barefoot Accountant on Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxes, Money, and Politics.William Brighenti
- Intuit Payroll Sucks February 28, 2018Intuit QuickBooks payroll is a nightmare. Don't ever use it. The service is TERRIBLE! Continue reading → The post Intuit Payroll Sucks appeared first on The Barefoot Accountant on Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxes, Money, and Politics.William Brighenti
- The SEBAC agreement is the mother of all can-kicks a sweetheart deal protected by contract for a full decade October 2, 2017The sweetheart deal that Governor Malloy and his fellow Democrats in the General Assembly cut with state employee unions, the so-called SEBAC agreement, is protected by contract for a full decade —leaving meaningful reforms waaay down the road. The contract is the mother of all can-kicks. Continue reading → The post The SEBAC agreement is the mother […]William Brighenti
- Claudia Stauber compares Bernie Sanders to a lover who cheats and leaves you but says he still loves you March 25, 2017Claudia Stauber provides a perfect metaphor of how she felt listening to Bernie Sanders today in Vermont, telling us how much he still fights for us against the 1% and the oligarchs. Continue reading → The post Claudia Stauber compares Bernie Sanders to a lover who cheats and leaves you but says he still loves […]William Brighenti
- The DNC is a one big capitalistic gangbang of Democrats and corporate donors and lobbyists March 5, 2017The DNC is a one big capitalistic gangbang of Democrats and corporate donors and lobbyists. Guess who is getting screwed? Continue reading → The post The DNC is a one big capitalistic gangbang of Democrats and corporate donors and lobbyists appeared first on The Barefoot Accountant on Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxes, Money, and Politics.William Brighenti
- The hit job on Keith Ellison by the Corporate Democratic National Committee March 4, 2017The Democratic National Committee is controlled by its big corporate donors. Tom Perez was recruited to defeat progressive Keith Ellison to keep the Democratic Party in the coffers of its corporate donors. Ellison's defeat as head of the DNC was a hit job by the corporate machine within the DNC. Continue reading → The post […]William Brighenti
- Bernie Sanders is not the revolutionary leader for whom progressives have been waiting February 14, 2017Bernie Sanders' voting record is not progressive. It has been reported on Facebook that Bernie has voted 98% of the time in agreement with Senate Democrats and 93% of the time in agreement with Hillary Clinton. And here is Bernie Sanders' illustrious "progressive" voting record...LOL. Show this to all his crazed cult followers who claim […]William Brighenti
- Our intelligence agencies have issued disclaimers stating that their reports of Russian hacking of the election lack any proof of facts January 12, 2017Jimmy Dore: The intelligence agencies have been releasing the reports to convince us that we should be upset at Russia because they hacked our election. First of all, who gives a shit if they did? The United States tapped Angela Merkel’s … Continue reading → The post Our intelligence agencies have issued disclaimers stating that their […]William Brighenti
- The Democrats lost the election because they became Republicans in the nineties under Bill Clinton January 10, 2017This is the natural progression, this is the natural endgame of the Bill Clinton Democratic Party when he decided to change the Democratic Party from a party of workers and blue-collar people to a party of Silicon Valley and Wall Street. And Democrats have to acknowledge that. And if they don't, they ain't going nowhere. […]William Brighenti
- Bernie Sanders just sold out Progressives once again but this time to Chuck Schumer January 9, 2017Grow a spine. Bernie Sanders, when are you going to risk losing your friendship with the Democrats to help your country? When are you going to risk doing that? You had a stupid secret agreement not to attack Hillary Clinton, and you stayed by it, and then when the country needed you to do something […]William Brighenti
- Donald Trump sells out supporters by selecting executives from Goldman Sachs for key cabinet posts to regulate our economy December 12, 2016Donald Trump sold out his supporters and the 99% by selecting Wall Streeters and war mongers for his top cabinet positions. Continue reading → The post Donald Trump sells out supporters by selecting executives from Goldman Sachs for key cabinet posts to regulate our economy appeared first on The Barefoot Accountant on Accounting, QuickBooks, Taxes, […]William Brighenti
- Hillary Clinton and the corporate Democrats lost because Donald Trump ran to their left and outflanked them so don’t blame Jill Stein or sexism or racism. Video and transcript. December 5, 2016There's got to be a reason for the Democrats to suppose to exist. And the reason the Democrats are supposed to exist is to be an opposition party to the Republicans. If you're in bed with the same people, taking money from the same people, you're no longer an opposition party. There's no reason for […]William Brighenti
- Ralph Nader and John Nichols and Bill Curry autopsy the Presidential election November 26, 2016"Trump didn’t hijack the populism, the Democratic Party made a gift of it to him. And he simply accepted it. … that elite … made a decision that in the midst of a global insurrection against political corruption and economic oligarchy that Hillary Clinton’s 'pay to play' politics in global finance capitalism would somehow play […]William Brighenti
- Full Interview of Julian Assange by John Pilger on the State of the Union 2016 November 6, 2016Julian Assange says Donald Trump would not be permitted to win. All of the establishment--Wall Street, Corporate America, the elites, the media, career politicians, et al--is united behind Hillary Clinton. Continue reading → The post Full Interview of Julian Assange by John Pilger on the State of the Union 2016 appeared first on The Barefoot […]William Brighenti
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong! October 27, 2016In an interview with Cenk Uygur on The Young Turks TYT show on October, 21, 2016, Jill Stein was asked what would she do to ensure the protection of Estonia from an invasion from Russia. I found her response to … Continue reading → The post Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and […]William Brighenti
- Michael Moore says middle class should vote for Trump to oppose elites, Corporate America, Wall Street, career politicians, media October 27, 2016The middle class needs to vote for Donald Trump in order to oppose the elites, Corporate America, Wall Street, the career politicians, and the media, who have all conspired to destroy the middle class. Donald Trump is the Molotov cocktail, the human hand grenade, that every beaten-down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be […]William Brighenti
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong! October 23, 2016Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein would not continue to expand our military budget and presence in the world but would curtail both, saving American taxpayers trillions of dollars and saving the world millions, if not billions, of lives. Listen to her present a rational, humane foreign policy in this interview on The Young Turks Town […]William Brighenti
- The Brainwashing Of Hillary Voters Is Complete. Transcript of October 20 2016 The Jimmy Dore Show. October 23, 2016The Brainwashing Of Hillary Voters Is Complete. Hillary Clinton voters are either getting paid or have been brainwashed into defending her pro-corporate status quo policies. Jimmy Dore breaks it down on his broadcast, October 20, 2016. Continue reading → The post The Brainwashing Of Hillary Voters Is Complete. Transcript of October 20 2016 The Jimmy […]William Brighenti
- Bob Stefanowski will make Sam Brownback look like a socialist in comparison by eliminating the income tax in Connecticut October 27, 2018
Posts by William Brighenti
- October 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- October 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (5)
- September 2016 (7)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (4)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (2)
- December 2015 (2)
- November 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (1)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (24)
- April 2015 (5)
- March 2015 (2)
- February 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- August 2014 (3)
- May 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- March 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (2)
- July 2012 (16)
- June 2012 (9)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (7)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (7)
- January 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (7)
- November 2011 (6)
- October 2011 (5)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (17)
- June 2011 (48)
- May 2011 (47)
- April 2011 (88)
- March 2011 (21)
- February 2011 (45)
- January 2011 (38)
- December 2010 (17)
- November 2010 (1)
- October 2010 (7)
- September 2010 (6)
- August 2010 (5)
- July 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (3)
- May 2010 (5)
- April 2010 (3)
- February 2010 (1)
- January 2010 (10)
- December 2009 (1)
- November 2009 (18)
- October 2009 (1)
- Bob Stefanowski will make Sam Brownback look like a socialist in comparison by eliminating the income tax in Connecticut
- Does Joe Aresimowicz put his constituents in the 30th Connecticut House District first or public employee unions first?
- Lobbyists are buying our government out from under us
- Intuit Payroll Sucks
- The SEBAC agreement is the mother of all can-kicks a sweetheart deal protected by contract for a full decade
- Claudia Stauber compares Bernie Sanders to a lover who cheats and leaves you but says he still loves you
- The DNC is a one big capitalistic gangbang of Democrats and corporate donors and lobbyists
- The hit job on Keith Ellison by the Corporate Democratic National Committee
- Bernie Sanders is not the revolutionary leader for whom progressives have been waiting
- Our intelligence agencies have issued disclaimers stating that their reports of Russian hacking of the election lack any proof of facts
- The Democrats lost the election because they became Republicans in the nineties under Bill Clinton
- Bernie Sanders just sold out Progressives once again but this time to Chuck Schumer
- Donald Trump sells out supporters by selecting executives from Goldman Sachs for key cabinet posts to regulate our economy
- Hillary Clinton and the corporate Democrats lost because Donald Trump ran to their left and outflanked them so don’t blame Jill Stein or sexism or racism. Video and transcript.
- Ralph Nader and John Nichols and Bill Curry autopsy the Presidential election
- Full Interview of Julian Assange by John Pilger on the State of the Union 2016
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong!
- Michael Moore says middle class should vote for Trump to oppose elites, Corporate America, Wall Street, career politicians, media
- Jill Stein is right about our foreign policy and Hillary Clinton is all wrong!
- The Brainwashing Of Hillary Voters Is Complete. Transcript of October 20 2016 The Jimmy Dore Show.
- Jill Stein argues that Hillary Clinton is much scarier than Donald Trump
- Jimmy Dore says voting your conscience means not voting for Hillary Clinton but for Jill Stein
- Glenn Greenwald Asks “Why Did Saudi Regime & Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to Clinton Foundation?” Transcript and video.
- Chris Hedges argues that corporate commodification of our natural resources and human capital will continue unabated. Transcript and video.
- Ralph Nader Says Calling a Third-Party Candidate a Spoiler Is the Same as Saying Shut Up
- Chris Hedges says to stop terrorism we merely need to end the U.S. occupation of the Middle East
- Ralph Nader: Bernie Sanders’ wonderful effort that he launched is now aborted and is dissipating.
- Jill Stein interviewed by Ralph Nader September 17 2016. Recording and transcript of interview.
- Did companies and countries buy access to the State Department by donating to the Clinton Foundation?
- Chris Hedges and Jill Stein and Ralph Nader are the real revolutionaries while Bernie Sanders and Robert Reich and Hillary Clinton are part of the devil’s Democratic Party
- Bernie Sanders was never a real candidate but was merely this election’s sheepdog for Hillary Clinton to herd progressives back into the corral of the Democratic Party.
- Julian Assange says that we must have political accountability–a general deterrence set to stop political organizations behaving in a corrupt manner.
- If you think Donald Trump is bad now, wait and see how bad Hillary Clinton will be as President.
- Who Should Bernie Voters Support Now? Robert Reich vs. Chris Hedges on Tackling the Neoliberal Order
- Bernie Sanders betrays his supporters with his announcement of voting for Hillary Clinton and signals his intentions of his endorsement at the convention
- Green Party’s Jill Stein — What We Fear from Donald Trump We Have Already Seen from Hillary Clinton
- JAW-DROPPING Evidence Of Election Fraud & Media Blackout
- Ralph Nader talks about the Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Primary on C-Span May 4 2016
- Bill Curry analyzes the Connecticut primaries April 26 2016 on Fox CT News
- Debbie Lusignan the Sane Progressive calls out Bernie Sanders for failing to contest the election fraud in the Democratic primaries
- Glenn Greenwald on Democracy Now reports that Hillary Clinton Has Embraced Some of the Most Brutal Dictators in the World
- Sanders Slams Trump for Attacks on Clintons
- Van Jones Thinks Bernie Sanders is Going to Win Iowa
- Is the DNC Afraid of Democracy? Clinton WH Counselor Says Party a “Dead Carcass” for Stifling Debate
- Bernie Sanders on fight against ISIS: “We have got to learn the lessons from Iraq”
- Berlin High School football recruiting scandal cost Berlin Connecticut taxpayers tens of thousands of dollars
- Berlin Connecticut needs candidates from a third political party to stop the strict partisan voting on the Town Council
- Make an Offer that the IRS Can’t Refuse: How to calculate an offer in compromise acceptable to the”Don”
- Why Bernie Sanders is destined to lose
- Chuck Todd of Meet the Press interviews Bernie Sanders on May 31 2015
- Bernie Sanders calls out Hillary Clinton to announce her position on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement
- Chuck Todd tells Andrea Mitchell that Hillary Clinton will win the African-American and Hispanic vote in spite of the intellectual appeal of Bernie Sanders to liberal white voters
- Senator Bernie Sanders formally announces his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President
- Is Bernie Sanders out in far-left field or are both political parties out in far-right field
- Senator Bernie Sanders warns the press not to underestimate him in the 2016 campaign for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States
- Bernie Sanders does not have to win the Iowa Primary to set up his race
- Senator Bernie Sanders appeals to the media to cover the serious issues of our country instead of political gossip during political campaigns
- The new found populist message of Hillary Clinton is all talk and mere talking points to get elected
- Bernie Sanders can win even though the Democratic Party is run by the Corporate Democrats and they have already anointed Hillary Clinton as their candidate for President
- Senator Bernie Sanders before the Senate December 2 2014 presenting an Economic Agenda for America: 12 Steps Forward
- Senator Bernie Sanders tells Ed Schultz to make college tuition free for students and pay for it with a tax on Wall Street speculation
- College for ALL Act presented by Senator Bernie Sanders on May 19 2015
- Bernie Sanders tells Wolf Blitzer that college tuition should be free and paid for by a tax on Wall Street Speculation
- Senator Bernie Sanders does not think that Hillary Clinton can stand up and fight for the middle class
- Senator Bernie Sanders interviewed by Chris Hayes on May 6 2015
- CNN Brianna Keilar interviews Senator Bernie Sanders on State of the Union May 17 2015
- Senator Bernie Sanders speaks out against the Trans Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement to the United States Senate May 12 2015
- Bernie Sanders offers a real deal to the middle class and not the raw deal of Hillary Clinton
- Bernie Sanders says he can beat Hillary Clinton
- The response of Senator Richard Blumenthal to my letter in opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)
- Senator Bernie Sanders on This Week With George Stephanopoulos – ABC News
- Ed Shultz interviews Bernie Sanders on The Ed Show April 30 2015
- Clinton Cash – do you trust Bill and Hillary Clinton in positions of power
- George Stephanopoulos interviews Peter Schweizer, author of Clinton Cash book
- Hillary Faces Questions About Cash Donations to Clinton Foundation
- Bernie Sanders asks what is Hillary Clinton campaigning on
- Intuit’s effort to stop tax fraud under scrutiny – who should be blamed for fraudsters using Turbotax to seal returns
- TurboTax’s Anti-Fraud Efforts Under Scrutiny
- TurboTax accounts hacked, delaying tax refunds, compromising personal information, impairing credit rating
- Are accountants the future anthropologists of the cyber era?
- Don’t let a stooge prepare your income tax returns.
- Alayne Fleischmann blows whistle on JPMorgan Chase massive criminal securities fraud
- Connecticut Department of Labor: SNAFU!
- Berlin looks to build $21 million police department
- Residents Oppose Cost of Berlin Police Department Move to Bigger Space
- Is Hillary Clinton an elitist? Do you charge $300,000 for a speech, and get a private jet, presidential suite at a luxury hotel, meals, etc.?
- Another reason why I will not renew my subscription with Intuit for ProSeries tax software
- Town of Berlin, Connecticut’s Annual Budget and Democratic Process
- Summary of Staff Discussion Draft: International Business Tax Reform
- Have you ever noticed that the Internal Revenue Service’s regulations often are illogical?
- Are you experiencing long waits calling the IRS?
- Thinking of using TurboTax to file your tax returns? Think again. The Minnesota Department of Revenue advises against using Intuit software to file tax returns!
- Amy Goodman interviews Tavis Smiley, Cornel West on the 2012 Election & Why Calling Obama “Progressive” Ignores His Record. Democracy Now: Friday, November 9, 2012.
- Wearechange.org interview of Glenn Greenwald on the next four years with President Obama. Greenwald predicts “it’s all going to get much worse”.
- Why you should not vote for Barack Obama for President, and why you need to vote for Rocky Anderson
- President Obama says that he cannot change Washington from the inside
- The video Linda McMahon, Connecticut Republican candidate for the US Senate, may not want you to see?
- Cenk Uygur says President Obama will definitely cut the entitlements of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid
- The super rich have evaded taxes on as much as $32 trillion of assets hidden in secret tax havens
- We Can’t Waste Another Election Voting for Million Dollar Candidates Who Serve the One Percent: Rocky Anderson for President 2012
- Senate Republicans prevent passage of the Bring Jobs Home Act to end tax breaks for corporations for outsourcing jobs overseas!
- Cenk Uygur attacks Maria Bartiromo and CNBC for protecting the fraudsters on Wall Street
- LIBOR Contractions: Diamond Cracks. Who is Watching the Watchdog? Eliot Spitzer on Viewpoint with Matt Taibbi and Dennis Kelleher, July 3, 2012 and July 16, 2012. Videos.
- Maria Bartiromo accuses Eliot Spitzer of having a personal vendetta against the former CEO of AIG, Hank Greenberg: isn’t this the very same Hank Greenberg who was fined $15 million?!?!
- The scary humor of Mitt Romney: where the heck is a time machine when you need one?
- Is Rocky Anderson the spoiler or the moral alternative in the 2012 Presidential election?
- Republicans, conservative Democrats, Romney, Obama, continue to support the outsourcing of jobs with trade agreements unfair to American manufacturers
- Historical Facts Debunk Myth that Tax Cuts for the Rich Create Jobs
- Attorney General Eric Holder: the Slow and the Listless
- Cutting taxes creates jobs: wrong! History shows the exact opposite!
- Political campaign fundraising is basically legalized bribery
- CEO pay is outrageous: 380 times more than that of average worker.
- If I were Obama: Cenk Uygur advises President Obama to fight and attack the Republicans
- Progressives are dissatisfied with President Obama and the Congressional Democrats overall.
- Less than 100 Americans determine U.S. election results: say bye-bye to our democracy and hello to the plutocracy
- The United States Supreme Court overturns Montana’s Supreme Court’s decision against corporate contributions to politicians
- Our government is corrupt, bought off by the big banks. Matt Taibbi and Yves Smith discuss on Bill Moyers. Video and transcript
- Although President Obama is the lesser of two evils, he is nonetheless evil. Cenk Uygur, Alyona Minkovski, Megan Carpentier discuss on The Young Turks, June 20, 2012.
- Cenk Uygur on Harvard Professor Roberto Unger’s “Don’t Vote for Obama”
- Barack Obama’s former professor at Harvard, Roberto Unger, explains why President Obama must be defeated in order to advance the progressive cause. Video and transcript
- Video: Dr. Joseph E. Stiglitz Interviewed by Cenk Uygur, June 15, 2012, with Full Transcript
- Video: President Obama says “the private sector is doing fine.” Now I understand why 23 million Americans are still without a job! Our President is clueless!
- Barefoot Accountant’s Exclusive Interview of Rocky Anderson, Presidential Candidate of the Justice Party, on May 29, 2012: Video and Transcript
- If only Ralph Nader had become President in 2000? Oh, Rachel and Reuben, what a lovely world this would be….
- Rocky Anderson to be interviewed on the Barefoot Accountant’s livestream internet program
- Watch the Barefoot Accountant’s Livestream Program on Taxes, Accounting, QuickBooks, and U.S. Politics
- The Rich and the Rest of Us: a Poverty Manifesto. Video and transcript.
- The Barefoot Accountant launches a livestream call-in program on taxes, QuickBooks, accounting, U.S. politics, business and personal finances.
- Watch The Barefoot Accountant livestream daily. Call in or start chatting to discuss taxes, politics, accounting, QuickBooks, small business and personal finances.
- The Dark Ages of Wall Street. Viewpoint Interview of Bethany McLean by Eliot Spitzer on Current TV, April 20, 2012. Video transcript.
- JOBS: Jumpstart Our Business Startups Act. Legalizing Fraud in the Stock Market. Interview of Matt Taibbi by Eliot Spitzer on Viewpoint, Current TV, April 9, 2012. Video and Transcript.
- Matt Taibbi discusses his recent article, Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail, on Democracy Now, March 22, 2012. Video with review.
- Cenk Uygur interviews Matt Taibbi from Rolling Stone on Current TV on Bank of America being too crooked to fail, March 22, 2012: bid rigging and sale of poor quality mortgage-backed securities. Video and transcript.
- Damning Report: Obama And The Grand Bargain. Cenk Uygur video Current TV March 20, 2012
- Should Progressives now fall in line behind President Obama just because an election is coming up?
- Does President Obama have the right economic plan overall?
- A tale of two Obamas: Dr. Jeckyll in a campaign; Mr. Hyde in office. Whatever happened to the fierce urgency of now?
- An email to Warren Buffett to run for President of the United States
- Russ Feingold blames big money in politics for unfair trade agreements, consolidation of the media, and deregulation of Wall Street
- Should corporate taxes be lowered when the effective tax rate of corporations is only 12.1%?
- Is President Obama soft on the banks? Of course!
- President Obama’s budget proposal: is it really a Godsend for the 99%?!
- Cenk Uygur calls Grover Norquist the whore of Babylon, and the scum of the earth. Cenk Uygur is coming for Grover Norquist.
- $26 billion mortgage settlement: too little, too late. President Barack Obama: Wall Street’s man in government?
- 2012 Balancing Act: the failure of Obamacare; the failure of Obama in not proposing a single-payer healthcare system
- How the Republican party works. The Mega Power Panel on Cenk Uygur’s the Young Turks, Current TV, January 13, 2012. Video and transcript.
- Are conservatives this week admitting that the country is fundamentally progressive? The Mega Power Panel on Cenk Uygur’s the Young Turks, January 13, 2012, Current TV. Video and transcript.
- The conflict between the rich and the poor has become very strong over the past two years.
- When Mitt Romney Came to Town: Full Video Version
- Susan Bysiewicz has published her Accountability Plan for reforming and fixing America’s economy and government in Washington. A Review by the Barefoot Accountant.
- Watch Cenk Uygur on Current TV every night at 7 PM EST here on the Barefoot Accountant’s political-tax webblog
- Cenk Uygur: President Barack Obama failed the economic recovery with a stimulus package too small
- What caused the economic collapse, recession, depression, in 2008? How did Wall Street bring on America’s economic collapse?
- Is Sarbanes Oxley dead? Why are financial fraud investigations down 57% after the biggest financial fraud in our country’s history?
- Cenk Uygur on President Obama’s born-again Progressivism. Obama does not walk the talk.
- The inequity of America’s tax laws. Barefoot Accountant’s interview of Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Democratic primary candidate for U.S. Senate. Part III of interview.
- November 22, 2011 Letter from Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut Democratic Primary Candidate for the U.S. Senate: Same Old Story
- We need a guy with guts in the Oval Office to fight for the middle class of America. Alan Grayson should be President. He attacked Wall Street, the Big Banks, and the Federal Reserve while Obama capitulated and Clinton rolled over.
- Disappointed in the CL&P’s power restoration efforts to storms Irene and Alfred? Then sign the petition below!
- A few helpful campaign suggestions to Herman Cain in his week of need
- The state of the American economy and its politics: is it time to shoot the fox?
- A matter of incompetency at the Internal Revenue Service. What criteria determine the hiring of employees at the Internal Revenue Service?
- Herman Cain’s economic plan: let them eat pizza. The pizza guy delivers lots of anchovies with his nein-nein-nein tax proposal.
- Let’s Elect Warren Buffett for President! He has the guts to raise taxes on the rich!
- A Letter from Susan Bysiewicz, Democratic Primary Candidate for the U.S. Senate from Connecticut, on Leaving Iraq
- Melissa Harris-Perry explains why the American economy performs better under Democratic Presidents. Reverend Al Sharpton’s Politics Nation, Monday, October 17, 2011, MSNBC TV
- President Obama’s Jobs Bill is an Insult to the American Workers and Unemployed
- A Need for Term Limits to Public Office at the National, State, and Municipal Levels of Government
- Connecticut Congressman Chris Murphy’s response to my question, what are you doing to create jobs?
- Barefoot Accountant’s interview of Susan Bysiewicz, Connecticut candidate for U.S. Senate. Part II: Fair Trade Agreements; Corporate Taxes; Corporate Control of Government
- The Barefoot Accountant interviews Connecticut’s Democratic candidate for the United States Senate, Susan Bysiewicz. Video and transcript of interview, Part I: How the government can create jobs
- Sign the petition to draft Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont to run for President in 2012 and challenge Barack Obama from the left.
- Firedoglake is as bad as MSNBC when it comes to “editing” material on its website
- Petition Mayor Adam Salina of Berlin, Connecticut to stop raising property taxes
- Bring back Cenk Uygur to the daily MSNBC TV 6 PM hour. Petition Phil Griffin of MSNBC.
- Did the Hartford Courant’s recent report on the effects of the Connecticut income tax miss the point?
- Black Princeton University Professor Cornel West calls President Barack Obama the black mascot of Wall Street
- Cenk Uygur on what MSNBC really offered & What’s Next
- Free Press?! Cenk Uygur leaves MSNBC over political disagreements – RT 110722
- Cenk Uygur – Truth About Why He Left MSNBC (25-Jul-11)(POLITICS, MEDIA & SOCIETY series)
- Did White House or DC Politicians Get MSNBC Host Cenk Uygur Axed??
- Cenk Uygur embraces MSNBC’s “outsider” label
- Cenk Uygur on Leaving MSNBC
- Cenk Uygur leaving MSNBC. Is free press fading?
- The MSM’s latest sensational scandal: itself
- Rejecting Lucrative Offer, Cenk Uygur Leaves MSNBC After Being Told to “Act Like an Insider”
- Cenk Uygur Tells Keith Olbermann MSNBC Said “People In Washington Did Not Like My Tone”
- Cenk Uygur reviews the new polls showing that President Obama is losing his base that got him elected in 2008. The Young Turks, July 26, 2011.
- Why Cenk Uygur left MSNBC TV. Is the Reverend Al Sharpton a rascist?
- Sign the petition for President Obama to raise the highest marginal tax rate on the wealthy
- Sign the petition to protest Governor Malloy’s Connecticut tax bill, Senate Bill No. 1239, targeting the middle class. It’s time to tax the rich, not the middle class!
- Brit Hume: Understanding the Debt Limit. Fox News, June 27, 2011.
- Republicans declare war on the middle class. Cenk Uygur June 24, 2011 video transcript
- The main event: Congress takes a gamble on America’s debt. Down to the wire: GOP daring Dems to show budget backbone. Cenk Uygur June 24, 2011 video transcript
- Mendte: Lawmakers have too many days off. Members of Congress only work half a year.
- Look who is not talking? Cantor backs out of budget talks. Cenk Uygur June 23, 2011 Video Transcript
- A brilliant, well-oiled propaganda machine, funded by big corporate interests, to steal more billions from the middle class.
- Cenk Attacks Rich Tax Holiday On MSNBC. Why do the rich keep getting breaks?
- Counter the Koch Billions. Protect Social Security. Will you help Senator Sanders expose the Koch Echo Chamber? Video Transcript
- Social distortion. Does the GOP suffer from social insecurity? Cenk Uygur June 22 2011 video transcript
- Robert Reich Explains Why We Make Less Money Now Than In 1980: Cenk Uygur Video Transcript
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC Challenges Bachmann June 21, 2011 Con Job: Video Transcript
- The Great Divide: Wall Street vs. Main Street. America burdened by tax inequality. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 21, 2011 video transcript
- The biggest Republican tax lie: the great Republican tax lie. Lawrence O’Donnell The Last Word June 20, 2011 video and transcript
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC June 20, 2011 Video Transcript. Wanted: jobs not cuts. Showdown on Capitol Hill: Gang of Five’s Plan.
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC June 17, 2011 video transcript: No more excuses. Social Insecurity? Shock headline: AARP open to cuts in Social Security. AARP admits it’s open to cuts in Social Security benefits.
- Cenk Uygur’s Con Job June 17, 2011: more money in Paul Ryan’s pocket from his budget plan. Richard Hanna trashed stimulus plan, but is front and centered for photo ops celebrating the stimulus plan: of course! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live Con Job and Of Course features June 17, 2011 video transcript
- Cenk Uygur to Democrats: no more excuses. During Weiner distraction GOP advances radical agenda. Standing strong: time for Democrats to fight GOP cuts. Fight the right: Democrats try to refocus. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live June 17 2011 video and transcript
- Ryan plan feels the heat. Misreading the mandate? Ryan plan plummets in new polling. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Live June 15 2011 video and transcript
- The Power Panel: is Medicare a losing battle? Do Republicans have an authenticity problem? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 16, 2011 Video Transcript
- Disastrous Budget Deal Coming In June? Cenk Uygur the Young Turks June 15, 2011 video and transcript
- Progressives: hold the line! Fight the right! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 15, 2011 Video and Transcript: How Democrats can fix the economy without the GOP
- Cenk Uygur, the Aggressive Progressive, June 13, 2011: IMF Economists Blame Lobbyists for Crash. Video and transcript.
- Aggressive Progressive: Crooked Politicians, Businessmen, & Bankers Pilfer Town Causing Massive Layoffs and Tax Hikes. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript.
- Cenk Uygur’s GOP Con Job for June 14, 2011: Cut Women and Children First! Video and Transcript
- The Power Panel discusses the Medicare problem: Democrats refuse to cave on Medicare, but will the Obama White House cave? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript
- Wanted: jobs, not cuts. The progressive caucus proposes a jobs program. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 14, 2011 video and transcript
- Is Obama too focused on Wall Street? Wall Street: is it really worth it for Obama to woo Wall Street? Does Obama need Wall Street Fat Cats to win in 2012? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 13, 2011 the Power Panel.
- Job creation versus spending cuts. Wanted: jobs not cuts. Economists: forget cuts, spend to solve job crisis. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 13, 2011 video and transcript with Robert Reich.
- ABC This Week’s Economic Panel: Jobless Recovery. The Barefoot Accountant’s commentary, analysis, and response.
- Economic Panel: Jobless Recovery? ABC News This Week June 12, 2011 Video and Transcript
- American Jobs Matter Act reintroduced by Connecticut Congressman Chris Murphy fails by four votes. Republicans vote down another jobs bill.
- The Power Panel on President Obama, Democrats and Republicans regarding the national deficit cutting, jobs, and medicare. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 9, 2011 video and transcript
- Americans need jobs. Rebuild the dream. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 8, 2011 video and transcript
- The Bush tax cuts: a decade of disaster. Ed Schultz Show MSNBC TV June 7, 2011
- Ye Gods, another bad experience with Intuit’s ProSeries tax software!
- US faces mounting debt. The right gets it wrong. Chris Matthews’ “Hardball” June 7, 2011 video and transcript
- Dubya’s lost decade: 10 years of Bush tax cuts. Ten (10) year anniversary of Bush tax cuts: thanks for nothing! Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 7, 2011, video and transcript
- Is President Barack Obama a Wall Streeter? Of Course!!!!
- Wall Street: The Untouchables. Why isn’t Wall Street in jail? Exposing Wall Street’s banks.
- Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV’s Con Job June 3, 2011: Paul Ryan lies while defending his health care plan. Video and transcript.
- Do Republicans “gotta have faith?” Will the purity test crush Republicans in 2012? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV’s the Power Panel June 3, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Serial Job Killers: House Republicans Ducking Blame for Unemployment. GOP Backtracks on Economic Promise. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 3, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Is the GOP trashing the economy? Cutting spending during a recession? Where is that jobs bill the Republicans were crying for before the last election? Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript
- Fight to the finish: Democrats vow to continue their fight. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- GOP remains defiant on budget. GOP’s tough stance: don’t raise taxes on billionaires. GOP fighting to protect tax breaks for millionaires. War on the Middle Class. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 2, 2011 Video and Transcript.
- Please sign up to form the Middle Class Party in Connecticut
- The meeting. Budget talks stalled again.
- Face off: GOP refuses to budge on budget talks. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV June 1, 2011: Video and Transcript
- Of Course! Senator Bought by Goldman Sachs. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript May 31, 2011.
- Crackdown on Mediscams. Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services announced recently that the Feds will hold CEOs of health care companies personally accountable for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
- Are the Democrats caving in on Medicare? The Young Turk’s, Cenk Uygur’s, analysis on video with transcript.
- Who did the Fed give money to? Cenk Uygur video and transcript.
- Ryan Tries But Fails To Defend Medicare Plan. Cenk Uygur Video & Transcript.
- Fake Grassroots Right-Wing Think Tank is the Republican Con Job of the Day, May 26, 2011. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript.
- Fight to the finish. A fight to the finish over the budget. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV Video and Transcript May 26, 2011
- Prescription for failure. Stand by your man: GOP doubles down on Paul Ryan. Worshipping Ryan. GOP unites behind Ryan plan. Cenk Uygur video and transcript MSNBC TV May 26, 2011
- The Power Panel: What’s the Deal on Medicare? Will Democrats Cave on Medicare? Cenk Uygur MSNBC Live TV May 25, 2011 video and transcript
- Wall Street: too big to jail? Inside the Goldman Sachs Investigation. Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV May 25, 2011 Video and Transcript
- Republicans are lying when they say we don’t have a revenue problem. GOP is protecting its rich donor base.
- Does Roger Ailes set the agenda for the GOP? GOP Kingmaker: Fox News chief and the Republican Party. Transcript and video of Cenk Uygur MSNBC TV May 23, 2011
- Horrifying Super-Duper PAC. Transcript and Video of Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks.
- Proof that Eric Cantor and GOP Republicans are screwing you for money. Transcript and video of Cenk Uygur
- The Rat PAC. GOP Looking to Super PAC for Help. How the Republican Super Pac Works.
- Banksters: fraud, false claims, and more fraud. Wall Street banks: too big to jail?
- Over a barrel. Defining the GOP’s love affair with big oil.
- Best Buy proved to be the Worst Buy of my entire life
- Larry Mendte: You’ll never guess what taxes U.S. corporations pay
- Larry Mendte: Tax loopholes for big corporations. GE paid no Federal income taxes.
- Lies, bigger lies, and the susceptibility of the American public to political propaganda
- When to withdraw: getting out of Afghanistan
- Debt drama: debt and the deficit.
- Debt ceiling disaster looms. Debt limit fight.
- Crude reality. Challenging big oil on tax breaks.
- Slick politics: big oil fights to keep tax breaks and retorts opposing oil subsidies is “un-American”.
- Dollars and nonsense. Deficit debate full of false facts.
- Getting drilled: ending Federal giveaways to big oil
- Cenk Uygur’s Republican Con Job of May 10, 2011: hypocrisy over revealing full disclosure of campaign donations.
- Should we leave Afghanistan with bin Laden dead?
- Unemployment, gas prices rise.
- GOP fuels the gas problem. Wall Street fueling the problem. Goldman Sachs speculation in oil commodities increasing the cost of gas by $.80 per gallon.
- GOP retreats on Ryan’s budget. Boy blunder, or kid thrown under the bus.
- President Obama’s approval rating on his handling of the economy is at the lowest level of his presidency
- That hokey-pokey, birds of paradise mating dance of the Democrats and Republicans. And guess who gets screwed in the end?
- Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy’s income tax bill favors the rich. It places Connecticut’s deficit on the backs of the middle class. Is Dannel Malloy positioning himself right of center because of future political aspirations?
- How Osama bin Laden eluded George Bush. If Pakistan was a safe haven for Osama bin Laden, then why were we giving Pakistan $20 billion?!
- Misleading jobs report. Are politicians giving big breaks to banks? War on the middle class.
- Republican con job of the day: remember before the last election the Republicans kept asking, “where are the jobs?”
- War on the middle class. Corporate profits are way up, but there is no trickling down to middle class, and no creating of jobs for middle class.
- Republicans are running from Paul Ryan’s budget plan because of the medicare proposal in the plan.
- GOP – Grand Oil Party. Republicans vote down measure to end tax breaks for big oil companies.
- Dick Durbin video: How can we send one more American soldier to fight and die in Afghanistan? How long are we going to continue to spend $12 billion a month in Afghanistan?
- The future of Afghanistan. Mission accomplished, so let’s leave and save hundreds of billions of dollars!
- OK, we finally got Osama. Now it’s time to get Obama…out of office!
- The Constitution of the United Corporate States of America….as amended by all the crooks in Congress and the White House
- Video of Entire Speech of Donald Trump in Las Vegas on April 28, 2011: Why the Donald continues to lead in the polls among the other GOP candidates!
- The Official Republican Version of the Pledge of Allegiance. Read their lips!
- Hands off my grandma. Challenging Representative Paul Ryan.
- It’s the economy. Jobs versus the budget.
- Oscars for politics. Journalists: don’t get seduced by Correspondent’s Dinner. Take their money, drink their liquor, but still hold these politicians, corporations and lobbyists accountable!
- Banks charge taxpayers for their own money. Banks are robbing the middle class.
- Big banks are robbing the middle class: big banks are scamming the American taxpayer out of billions and billions of dollars
- GOP: Gas & Oil Party. Oil companies preserve profits as gas prices rise.
- Town hall anger directed at GOP. The backlash over Paul Ryan’s plan to end Medicare continues….
- Is Pelosi forcing the GOP’s hand on oil subsidies? Do Democrats have the Republicans over a barrel on $4 billion annual oil subsidies?
- Fixing the country’s gas dilemma. Fueling the fire. Ending the $4 billion federal government’s subsidy to big oil companies.
- Backlash. Does Obama disappoint progressives? Yes!!!
- How to fix our American economy and create more jobs? A 19 point progressive program to stop the hemorrhaging of our country’s life blood!
- The GOP’s War on Medicare. Path to Prosperity is a Campaign of Deceit!
- The people’s budget.
- Norquist talks debt fight. Will Senator Tom Coburn consider tax increases?
- Follow the clues: Obama intends to lower the corporate tax rates!
- The Trump card 2012. Is Trump’s strategy backfiring?
- The Ryan Shame. Is the GOP losing the budget war?
- Budget backlash. Town hall attendees target Ryan’s budget.
- A question of taxes. Take a hike.
- Trump’s chances….Is he running? Trump tops GOP candidates in latest Gallup poll!
- The Barefoot Accountant wishes you a very Happy Easter! Please enjoy Bing Crosby singing “Easter Parade” from the 1942 film, “Holiday Inn”.
- Left hook. Voters fight back against the budget. New signs GOP budget triggering backlash.
- Back to Base-ics: 2012. Obama goes back to the basics. Protesters to Obama: Where’s our change. We paid our dues, where’s our change?” Progressives cannot trust a President who violated their trust on multiple occasions.
- President Obama keeps positioning himself in the middle at the expense of the middle class. President Obama does not represent Democrats nor democracy!
- Do we have a real social security problem? Or do we have a gang of thieves on the Deficit Commission!
- Nevada Senator to announce resignation. Senator John Ensign to resign tomorrow.
- Rigged game: ending oil subsidiaries
- Republicans love socialism…socialism for corporations, that is!
- Trumped the shark. Trump’s resume filled with business failures.
- Popularity problem. GOP leaders face taxing questions.
- No major oil spill legislation passed. Off-shore drilling, one year later
- Robbing the middle class. Congress and Obama want to steal your retirement funds!
- Ending birther conspiracies. Birth(er) of a party?!
- Trumping on the bandwagon. Is Trump just an opportunist?
- Saving Medicare: Save Our Seniors
- Donald Trump trumps the Wall Street Journal! Kelly Evans Interviews the Donald on April 11, 2011
- Are liberals too compromising? Are liberals suckers?
- Obama may have found his “Trump” card: GOP’s worst nightmare
- Save our seniors: saving medicare
- Subterranean House-sick Blues! New York Representative Joseph Crowley literally speechless over GOP’s agenda
- GOP confused over the nation’s debt. What is a CONservative? Someone who gives you a CON job. In other words, a Republican!
- Republicans vote to end Medicare. Party’s over. Is Obama finally fired up and ready to go?
- Deja vu all over again? Paul Ryan’s plan to end medicare is just another example of voodoo economics to give to the rich
- Mr. Walker goes to Washington. He ain’t no Mr. Smith!
- For whom the bell tolls? It tolls for thee, Republican Congressmen in senior districts, when you vote for Paul Ryan’s plan to end medicare. It’s a whine party. Is the GOP the party of whiners?
- Right off a cliff? Tea Party burdens GOP
- The vision thing: will Americans share the burden of the debt?
- Obama to go after Bush-era tax cuts. Progressive USA.
- Fight for America. Fighting for America’s future.
- Right to choose. Conservative views enforced on D.C.
- A defining moment for Obama: no right turn!
- Happy Birthday, Romneycare! Will health care ruin Romney’s presidential bid?
- Showdown breakdown: did the Democrats get a “deal” on the budget?
- Battle over taxes heats up. GOP Republicans: of the rich, by the rich, for the rich
- The Main Event: Agreeing on a Budget
- Watch MSNBC TV Live Stream Free on the Barefoot Accountant: Watch Cenk Uygur, Chris Matthews, Lawrence O’Donnell, Dylan Ratigan, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow
- Paul Ryan’s budget proposal: another con job for the rich?
- Rigged game: oil companies are getting billions in tax giveaways!
- Will of the people? GOP fails to appeal to America’s needs.
- Government shutdown. Will a government shutdown improve Obama’s standing?
- Does CONservative stand for con job? Con job: GOP Budget exposed by CBO
- Who’s at fault over budget impasse threatening governmental shutdown: Democrats or Republicans?
- Looking at Trump’s history of bankruptcy. More trumped up rhetoric from the “Donald”.
- Compromising positions. Poll: Tea Party won’t compromise.
- Stuck in the middle: 2012 Presidential hopefuls hold back on praising Representative Ryan’s budget. Ryan’s budget puts candidates in tough spot.
- Flaws evident in Ryan’s plan. Doesn’t add up.
- Shutdown showdown: who benefits from a government shutdown?
- The Path to Prosperity By Rep. Paul Ryan: Representative Paul Ryan’s Prepared Remarks at AEI Event
- The TARP fiasco: (3) big TARP sins the government never told you. Big banks stealing from you.
- Countdown to shutdown. Government remains in disarray.
- Inside the Koch Brothers’ vast network. Koch Brothers Industries: the Koch Party
- Why Medicare won’t go away.
- GOP remains quiet as Obama launches bid. Gopher it.
- Obama announces re-election bid. 2012.
- Obama gets involved in the budget battle. Budget: slash and burned.
- Nontaxable wages of volunteer firefighters and emergency medical responders
- Unions unite. Will union-bashing hurt the GOP?
- Transformer. Obama returns focus to energy.
- Tea Party slide. Poll: the Tea Party rapidly losing popularity. The GOP’s Tea Party problem.
- Manslaughter charges for BP
- Tea Party Budget Battle. GOP Refuses to Negotiate on Budget.
- Will social conservatives sink the GOP in 2012?
- British Invasion? UK faces its own budget battle.
- Countrywide: Borrowed Time. Who Will Take the Blame for America’s Mortgage Crisis?
- Numbers game: playing the numbers game.
- False positive: despite promising numbers, Americans still without jobs!
- Tea’d off: Tea Party Won’t Budge on the Budget!
- Tread on me. Why Democrats won’t benefit from a budget deal.
- Union attacks backfire. Worker assault backfires. Union-busting governors face dropping poll numbers.
- Mixed signals: is Obama alienating himself from America?
- Armageddon avoided: why the GOP is wrong about healthcare.
- Automatic two-month extension for individuals living outside of U.S. to file tax return and pay taxes; however, beware!
- MSNBC TV Live Stream: Watch Cenk Uygur and Chris Matthews on “Hardball”, Lawrence O’Donnell
- Hostile Takeover. Attacking the American worker.
- Obama fails to make counter-argument. Base patrol. Change we can believe in?
- New way to fight back. Grassroots groups continue to fight in Wisconsin.
- Enrolled agent faces a ten year prison term for failing to understand QuickBooks. QuickBooks users beware: never enter your customer payments prior to recording an invoice or statement charge!
- GOP blames Obama on oil prices. Running on empty.
- Failing America’s schools.
- Going south. Exposing Rick Scott’s past.
- Find a solution to the budget problem. Indefensible.
- Wake up call. Wake up call in Wisconsin
- Polls: strong support for ending oil subsidies. What America wants.
- America liberal at heart.
- Party foul: Government to stay open…for two more weeks
- Not winning: GOP splits over budget
- Jobs return despite GOP efforts: men not at work
- The elephant in the room. Is it time to raise taxes? Tax deal or no tax deal?
- Business matters….What interest does the U.S. have in Libya?
- Wall Street: Make them pay! Middle class keeps up the fight.
- Can budget cuts lead to tragedy? Draconian budget cuts have real life consequences.
- Did Allstate increase your homeowners insurance premium significantly this year?
- Governmental Accounting Explained: let’s add, subtract, multiply, divide, and make up numbers as we go along….
- You have to be rich not to pay taxes….Our politicians have been bought by the elite rich
- Shame on the GOP: Obama the politician will not march with union employees in Wisconsin
- Corporate Spying: Wikileaks threatened to expose big banks
- Libya shows the U.S. the cost of freedom
- Who is the American Petroleum Institute? Direct Deposit
- Is Wisconsin the Right-Wing Waterloo? Is Governor Scott Walker another Napoleon?
- Tax season is too short
- Is Governor Scott Walker the Devil?
- Going to the extreme: Are GOP governors too radical?
- You might be a CPA if …
- Line in the sand: should Obama go to Wisconsin?
- Koch dealers: Koch brothers linked to Wisconsin budget
- Do you need to lighten up during tax season?
- Something’s not right. Is the GOP in disarray?
- Showdown tonight on Capital Hill: Boehner threatens government shutdown.
- State workers fight back in Wisconsin. Attack on the American worker
- Fighting oil’s billions in breaks. Fueling their profits
- Will the GOP take away jobs? GOP war on jobs.
- The Truth about Taxes and about Obama: Obama is Not a True Progressive
- Obama’s budget brings change
- President Obama Continues to Shun His Base
- Obama moves budget center
- Not Everyone is a Reagan Fan. “I Have Come to Bury Him, Not to Praise Him.”
- Bernie Sanders: “We got to break these babies up”. Four big banks hold 50% of our country’s assets!
- Are Intuit’s Ethics Questionable? Am I the Only Moron When It Comes to Downloading, Licensing, and Paying for Intuit’s Tax Software, ProSeries?
- Out to Lunch: House GOP Wants to Cut $28 Billion from Jobs Training Program
- Florida Budget Aims to Cut Corporate Taxes.
- Taxes Remain at Lowest Point Since 1950s. Warren Buffett’s tax rate is only 16%!
- Would Today’s GOP Right-Wing Republicans Vote for Ronald Reagan Today?
- Koch Brothers and How to Buy U.S. Government
- Cenk to Obama: Big Business is just not that into you
- Have you read the Time Magazine article on “The Pentagon’s Marauding Fraudsters”? Military defense contractors who put the “con” in contractors, milking the taxpayers for billions, entitling them to be “con”victs.
- GE turns to U.S. for bailouts but turns to China for employees
- GOP Spins Jobs Report: House Speaker John Boehner Claims that the Stimulus Plan Caused the Dismal Jobs Report
- Businesses reveal unhappiness with Obama policies
- GOP fuzzy on budget math. Why a CPA is needed in Washington NOW!
- Battle over big oil: GOP Republicans (and Democrats) are giving your tax dollars to big oil companies
- Vox Clamantis: “the voice of one crying out”
- Companies who are exporting American jobs overseas
- Courting the right
- Billionaires meet secretly with politicians, talk-show hosts, and others to influence legislation for personal business interests
- “Liberal” is not a dirty word
- What is the more important priority for Americans in 2011: create jobs or cut deficit?
- The GOP is not conservative: they are more responsible for the national debt and deficits. Here are the facts!
- Sarah Palin says the U.S. lost the space race? Are Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann Presidential material? Better still, do they live on our planet earth?!
- Crisis inquiry: ‘Too much risk, too little capital’
- Financial Crisis Causes: Report Blames Government Officials and Wall Street Execs
- Is there too much power in one Republican’s hands?
- Fox News Guest, Newt Gingrich, Rips ‘Liberal Math’
- Senate Republicans Fight to Repeal Health Care
- CEO’s Make Billions While Taking Taxpayer Money
- GOP Doesn’t Lack Public Funding
- The President’s State of the Union, as always, is just a lot of talk
- Bernie Sanders’ Take on Obama’s State of the Union Address
- Rand Paul’s Crazy Budget Cut Plan
- Goldman Sachs Stole $3 Billion in TARP Funds from You, the American Taxpayer
- Republican Extremism: Privatizing Social Security, Vouchers for Medicare, Against Unemployment Insurance, and Other Goodies
- GOP Moves Backwards, Not Forward
- Are American Politicians Going to Extremes?
- Obama’s State of the Union Address is Just Talk!
- Has Obama Become a Centrist and Corporatist, and Sold Out the Average American?
- The 10 Commandments of CPAs
- Is accounting really boring, or has virtually the entire human race just been getting it all wrong since the beginning of time?!
- 10 Things Accountants Don’t Tell their Clients
- Are You An Accounting Nerd?
- Why not a CPA as President?
- 10 out of 9 accountants can’t count!
- Accountants: Are They Born or Made?
- Types of Clients Served by Public Accounting Firms
- Are You a CPA with an OCD? I’m a CPA with a CDO!
- How to Stand Out from the Herd of Other CPAs: Are You a Ram Ahead of the Herd or a Ewe Behind?
- Why Not a TV Show about CPAs?
- “He’s a CPA!” The Damned Don’t Cry…But CPAs Do.
- The speedy, quickie way to attract new clients
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being a CPA
- C’mon, admit it. Don’t you just hate QuickBooks?!
- An Accounting Firm in Connecticut
- The Barefoot Accountant Welcomes All Accounting, QuickBooks, and Tax Comments and Questions Right Here Under “Comments”.
- The “Young Turk” speaks out on the need for separation of business and state
- Dear President Obama, now that you have given Larry Summers the boot….
- Harvey on marketing an accounting firm and life
- Is it still gauche for CPAs to cry?
- With the repeal of “don’t ask, don’t tell”, certain military maneuvers take on a whole new meaning.
- Senate Sends Tax Bill to House
- Is Bernie Sanders a modern-day Robin Hood? A letter from Bernie….
- IRS is on its way to see who’s been naughty and nice….
- Isn’t it more fiscally conservative to reduce debt?
- The Meaning of Christmas
- Bernie Sanders, like Jefferson Smith, goes to Washington, looking out for the other fella, fighting for lost causes….
- Is Obama Another Neville Chamberlain?
- Angry at country club Democrats for tax cuts for the rich? Write Congress!
- KPMG commits $1.9 billion gaffe?! Who says bigger is better!?!
- Republican Senators reject and vote down middle-class tax cuts for incomes not exceeding $1 million!!!
- Video and Transcript of Post-Censure Speech Given by Charles Rangel to Congress
- John Boehner, Majority Whip and Leader of Congressional Republicans, calls middle class tax cuts “chicken crap”, even though they would maintain the current tax rates for 98% of Americans!
- A Little History about Thanksgiving….
- Contractors: Beware of the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) on Long-Term Contracts
- You May Be Able to Change to the Cash Method of Accounting for the Reporting of Your Tax Returns
- Before you do your taxes, request a transcript from the Internal Revenue Service
- Do you know how to calculate your deductions for Section 179, bonus depreciation, and MACRS under the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010?
Does Joe Aresimowicz put his constituents in the 30th Connecticut House District first or public employee unions first?
Speaker of Connecticut House of Representatives, Joe Aresimowicz, speaking at the 2014 CEUI Convention: transcript
Joe Aresimowicz: He just said A to Z because he didn’t want to try Aresimowicz, and I’m glad he didn’t so.
First and foremost, good afternoon, brothers and sisters. How are we going today, alright? I always start this off, yes I do have a position as House Majority Leader and the State Representative from Berlin and Southington. And I am really proud of that, and I have a great job, and I’m able to help people in my district on a daily basis and also help people statewide.
But more importantly I’m a twenty-three year member and dues-paying member of AFSCME, which leaves me almost ready to retire, including time if I would add this duty which I worked at directly to protect your rights. That’s the most important aspect of my career. I would give up the political side of it in a minute and keep working to protect union members rights on a daily basis in the State of Connecticut. So that’s why I always agree with the brothers and sisters, and we talked about that.
Now I know some of you have seen a video tape of me cruising around on the internet. No, not that kind. The one from the Wisconsin presentation that we did in Middletown. I don’t know how many you know the story so I am going to boil it down a little bit for you here today. But I think we need to talk about it. Because I went to Wisconsin right after Governor Walker was elected. I went out there when the bill was cruising its way through their General Assembly thinking what can I do. On my own time I went out there and started knocking on doors.
I spent a long time in the Capitol. One of the days that I was there it was announced either a quarter of a million to a half a million people circling outside the capitol and also inside the capitol. For me being a life-long union member, and as my cousin can tell you that my father was fired for trying to organize a union. So that’s all I’ve ever known. It was probably one of the most powerful moments in my life, and you know, you get the little bumps on the back of your neck, your hair standing up, we’re chanting, we’re caring signs: I thought we were taking over the capitol.
So I straddled up to this gentleman, he was wearing a red shirt that said Wisconsin educator, so it was either college or school, and he started talking about what we were doing there. And I said, “Brother, this is the greatest moment I have ever been involved in my life. We finally said as union members, enough is enough: we’re not going to take it anymore.” And the guy looked over at me and said where are you from, and I said from Connecticut. I am AFSCME member. Well, AFSCME member from Connecticut, the fight we already lost. We’re not rallying because we’re pissed off. But when we could have avoided it in April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and I was begging all of my members to get actively involved in this campaign, because I told them all what was at risk, I heard every story in the world. I heard that my son’s got a ball game. My aunt’s sick. My grandmother has this. So Mr. AFSCME from Connecticut, thanks a lot coming out but my members gave away their rights, and they did it in the months leading up to the election.
So what I thought was a great moment actually kind of humbled me a little bit. So one of the things that I swore to myself was that I was not I’m going to let it happen here in Connecticut. That at least I would do as many tours of this statem including Middletown, CSEA Locals, AFSCME, CEUI, anybody I could talk to, to ensure that that would never happen in Connecticut.
Now come April May June July August of this year, if I told you with 18 days to go it was a dead heat, that our rights were quite possibly going to be protected for the next four years, at least, I think you would take that bet. I think you would look at yourself in the mirror and say, sure because right now it doesn’t look that way because the Governor’s office is in jeopardy, the Senate was in jeopardy, and even my chamber, the House: we’re looking at possibly losing seats.
You guys have one of your own that sits in the caucus room of the General Assembly. You cannot replicate that. The reason I originally ran for office is Dennis O’Neil begged me to run for office because too many times the door closes on that Caucus. And even the smiles and the claps on your back, “don’t worry, we got your back.” And that door closes and somehow you come out and your back doesn’t feel so comfortable anymore. And maybe they went a little lower in your back. And that’s reality.
So you’ve Russ over there in Wethersfield that is one of your members, that when the negotiations are tough, when you’re on the menu instead of being at the table, he’s there to ensure that he is that back stop. He’s in a tough race. Eighteen days to go, if half of this room goes out and door knocks his district, he wins by a landslide. And talks to the members about the issues that are important to you.
Same thing for the Gubernatorial race. Eighteen days, eighteen days to decide whether you keep your collective bargaining rights because as much as he says he was talking about chambers and agreeing, we know exactly what Tom Foley wants: his Wisconsin moment. And if you really don’t believe it, come with me the rest of the day, I’ll hang out and talk to you, all the little articles I’ve seen, all the things he said, a lie, he really means that.
We want collective bargaining and not collective begging. Eighteen days. Please don’t let me stand up outside the Connecticut capitol and have the same conversation with an individual this time with a Connecticut t-shirt on. I’m talking about how nobody turned up, and how this moment didn’t necessarily have to happen. The last thing we need is a Wisconsin moment in Connecticut. Absolute last thing. I say at all these meetings and groups that I talk to I will never allow an anti-collective bargaining bill to be called to the House floor. I’m the Majority Leader. I can make that guarantee.
If I’m the Minority Leader, not so much. All I can do is I’ll talk as long as I can to avoid them running that bill. So a lot of things are at stake. You know, I know you’ve been hearing it at night and I know at some point we say enough is enough. The numbers of the polls look better, the House will be okay, the Senate is going to be okay, the gubernatorial is a tossup.
I beg of you, I begged, I begged, and I beg again: please don’t allow us to wake up on November 5th, open up your newspaper and realize that because we needed to do what we needed to do in eighteen days, we’re now having to take to the streets. We’re now having to rally at the capitol. There’s a lot at stake. I beg you to get involved in Russ’s campaign, call up your local committees who are working the phones. Get out and get to work. It’s eighteen days to ensure we have benefits for the near future.
You guys have a great evening, proud members, you made this state what it is. Don’t let it go away with one election. Please stand together, stand as brothers and sisters, and be a family and make sure we are looking out for our own. Thank you.
[End of speech by Joe Aresimowicz.]
[We attempted to transcribe this speech as accurately as possible but due to the quality of the audio, please be advised of imperfections. We apologize for any errors; please advise of any necessary corrections. Thank you.]
Intuit QuickBooks payroll is a nightmare. Don’t ever use it. The service is TERRIBLE!
If you encounter a problem processing payroll–and rest assured, you will–you will have to call its Manila connection, where you will have to endure a 20 minute wait on the phone before talking to someone who cannot assist you. And even if you reach someone in the states, you are forced to jump through hoops to try to get it resolved, if you are fortunate enough to get it resolved.
I found the service AWFUL! And you cannot file a complaint because the customer service representatives refuse to give their last names, and, besides, you have no one to complain to.
My grade for Intuit QuickBooks payroll? F-
The SEBAC agreement is the mother of all can-kicks a sweetheart deal protected by contract for a full decade
Sometimes there’s a fine line between kicking the can down the road and gradually phasing in difficult change. Not this year, not in Connecticut. The difference is a chasm. The sweetheart deal that Governor Malloy and his fellow Democrats in the General Assembly cut with state employee unions, the so-called SEBAC agreement, is protected by contract for a full decade —leaving meaningful reforms waaay down the road. The contract is the mother of all can-kicks.
Nevertheless, after the deal was struck, Republicans didn’t give up. They included in their own budget proposal several reforms starting after the expiration of the contract. Lo and behold, the GOP’s budget passed both houses of the Democrat-controlled Assembly.
Why in the world did Democrats in the deep-blue state of Connecticut vote for a GOP budget? Well, when the SEBAC contract came up for a vote in the Connecticut senate early last August, three fiscally conservative Democrats held out and voted yes only after receiving assurances from senate Democratic leadership that a twelve-point list of fiscal reforms would be instituted. Then, in the recent budget go-round, the Democrats included only three of the reforms in their budget, while the Republicans incorporated ten of the twelve. So the “threesome” voted for the GOP budget, which passed the senate by 21–15.
Five Democrats in the house of representatives followed suit, and the GOP budget passed the Democrat-controlled house by 78–72. Governor Malloy has vetoed the measure, arguing, amongst other things, that enactment of the reforms constitutes a SEBAC contract violation, even though the reforms take effect only after the expiration of the SEBAC agreement. Malloy & Co. say the budget risks an employee-union lawsuit.
So what happens now? Perhaps more Democrats will defect and the Assembly will override Malloy. If the Assembly Democratic leadership wants to block an override and pass their own budget, they’d better keep the reforms and bring the threesome back into the fold (along with their house colleagues). But wait, that runs the purported risk of a union lawsuit. On the other hand, can they pass a budget without the reforms — can they bully the threesome and the house fivesome into backing down, or buy them off somehow?
Even though the reforms take effect ten years hence, their impact is worth $322 million in
savings today, according to actuarial analysis. Even though they will be realized only in years 11 through 30 of the actuarial time horizon, they impact the schedule of payments over the whole 30-year horizon, resulting in the $322 million reduction in the state’s required contribution to the pension fund over the fiscal 2018–fiscal 2019 biennium.
That’s a huge amount, especially when you consider that the savings have been inflation adjusted at the 3.5 percent inflation rate used by the state actuaries Cavanaugh McDonald. At that rate, one dollar of savings in 2028 is worth only about $0.70 today, and a dollar in the 30th year, 2047, is worth only about $0.35.
Imagine the savings if those reforms were instituted now and realized for all 30 years, with the inflation-adjusted savings over the next ten years worth between $0.70 and one full dollar. Indeed, it would have been much better if the “threesome” had voted against the SEBAC deal in August. Not only would the savings have been much greater, but that would have avoided the anomaly of achieving savings by reducing funding of an already underfunded pension fund in the face of still mountainous obligations over the next ten years.
What are the key reforms? First, the GOP budget bill eliminates overtime spiking, i.e., calculating pensions based on overtime earned in the years immediately prior to retirement, as opposed to average overtime over a full career. Spiking allows soon-to-retire employees to log extensive overtime hours in order to inflate their pensions. Second, the GOP budget requires state employees to contribute to their own pensions at the nationwide average for public employees, presently about 7 percent of salary/wages (versus 2–4 percent under SEBAC).
Third, it eliminates cost-of-living-adjustments (COLAs) for post-2027 retirees until the pension fund reaches 80 percent (presently, Connecticut is only about 35 percent funded). Fourth, for employees with salaries near and above the Social Security “tax and benefit base” ceiling ($127,200 annual earnings), it eliminates a pension supplement that “makes up” for “lost” Social Security benefits near and above the ceiling. Finally, the GOP budget mandates that future labor contracts not have a term of more than four years.
These reforms introduce basic fairness. Overtime spiking is a notorious abuse. Two other reforms bring Connecticut employees in line with national averages. The fourth simply applies to the state’s retirement program the same needs-based philosophy that governs the federal Social Security retirement program. Indeed, even after these pension reforms, Connecticut state employees will still have far more generous pension and health-care benefits than most workers in the private sector, where pensions have all but vanished and health-care costs have skyrocketed.
If these reforms are included in the ultimate budget, we’ll see if the employee unions file a lawsuit. It would be a court fight worth having. If they are not included and the “threesome” caves and votes for the budget anyway, well, so much for political courage — indeed, voters may wonder whether “fiscally conservative” means anything at all when describing Democrats. all when describing Democrats.
Claudia Stauber compares Bernie Sanders to a lover who cheats and leaves you but says he still loves you
Claudia Stauber provides a perfect metaphor of how she felt listening to Bernie Sanders today in Vermont, telling us how much he still fights for us against the 1% and the oligarchs.
“I felt like I used to be with the love of my life. Then he cheats. And not only does he cheat, but he moves in with the woman he cheats with. And then he tells me that he still loves me and he would do anything for me. That’s exactly how I just now felt being at that event where Bernie was talking the same stuff he said during his campaign and talking against the 1% and against the oligarchs while he is with them, while he is with the Democratic Party, which is comprised of oligarchs, while he stood and stands behind Hillary telling us how much he still fights for us.”
Jimmy Dore: Hi everybody. I’m here with Jim Earl, Dave Reinitz and Ron Placone. Hello fellas. Howdy, howdy.
So what are we talking about today. So everybody has made a big deal about the DNC election and that they chose the corporatist and now they want the progressives to unify. No, how about you pick the progressive because you guys just lost.
In fact, impact the establishment Democrats are wiped out coast to coast. And you know that, you’ve heard me say a million times, they lost sixty-nine out of a hundred state houses; they lost the Congress; they lost the Senate; they lost to the most unpopular politician in the history of the world, Donald Trump, who only had a thirty-seven percent approval rating on the day he beat the Democrat.
One of the things that Barack Obama did was he instituted a rule: no corporate lobby money. Debbie Wasserman Schultz repealed it, and the Democrats are like, hey, since we got our ass handed to us by trying to be like just like Republicans by, you know, getting in bed with Wall Street and big business and the military-industrial complex and expanding two wars into seven, you know, we kind of turned into Republicans so maybe we should turn back into Democrats and let’s say we don’t take corporate money at the DNC.
Turns out DNC members voted down corporate money ban. That’s what they did. I think that was probably worse than choosing Tom Perez.
So the donors have a stranglehold on the Democratic Party and they’re not letting go. And they don’t give a shit. Remember the establishment Democrats would rather lose to a Republican than let a progressive win. I’m not making that up.
“Democratic National Committee members on Saturday [this is last Saturday] voted down a resolution that would have reinstated former President Barack Obama’s ban on corporate political action committee donations to the party. Resolution 33, introduced by DNC Vice Chair Christine Pelosi [she introduced it?— look at that ha] would also have forbidden ‘registered, federal corporate lobbyists’ from serving as ‘DNC chair-appointed, at-large members.'”
Sounds easy enough. Hey, if you want to put a pretty face on their “hey, we are really making changes”, that seems like we could go back to what Barack Obama did: that seems pretty easy. They can’t even do that! They can’t even do that. They won’t even go back. They’re wiped out. They just lost to Donny Tiny Hands and they can’t even go back to what Barack Obama did. That’s how corrupted they are. That’s how the gears are working. It’s because they’re completely beholden to their donors. That’s who voted for Tom Perez.
“Obama, as the party’s Presidential nominee in 2008, banned contributions from political action committees, as well as from lobbyists. Former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz quietly lifted the ban ahead of the 2016 election. Bob Mulholland, a DNC member from Chico, California, was one of the bill’s most vocal opponents and helped lead a successful effort to table the resolution for further review on Friday.”
So here’s a guy Bob Mulholland from Chico, he wants corporate lobbyists, bring the lobbyists, bring those things were supposed to be fighting, bring them in. Bring them inside the tent, make us just like the people were supposed to be opposing, and then be shocked when you lose.
“He argued that the ban would handicap Democrats at a time when they need all the resources they can muster.”
Hey guess what? The Democrats weren’t handicapped last time. And they’re wiped out. So maybe taking that corporate lobbyist money is the handicap. You ever think about that? Because it skews your whole fucking reason for being.
Hillary Clinton outspent Donny Tiny Hands 2 to 1. And she lost! Again this whole idea that the Democrats?—and we talked about it when I interviewed Thomas Frank, “Listen Liberal”?—is that the Democrats their whole reason for doing this corporate money shit, for Bill Clinton getting in bed with Wall Street, the military-industrial complex, and Big Pharma, the whole reason Chuck Schumer said screw the workers, the working-class, the white workers, we’re going to pick up Republicans in the suburb, that’s our strategy, the whole reason for doing that is you’re going to win.
The whole reason for getting in bed like the Republicans with big business and Wall Street is because you’re going to win. But you’re not winning. This fucking theory it’s been blown out of the water. Money doesn’t equal win.
The Democrats have been taking corporate money since 1992, and before, and they’re getting their ass handed to them. They lost to Donald Trump. So I can’t believe people still say this stuff. That’s crazy.
But it’s not crazy if you’re a lobbyist or you want to be a lobbyist or you work for a corporation or you want to take the corporation money or someday you want to work there or you want to work in the thinktank that takes the corporate money that wants to influence the DNC. It’s a one big capitalistic gangbang and they’re all taking part and that’s what this is about.
“Just a reminder that Republicans control all three branches of government right now?—all three branches.” That’s the guy who wants to keep taking corporate money. That’s his thing. But I just want to remind you, I just want to remind you that you’re able to take corporate money and you fucking lost. Okay? How stupid.
“‘We do not have a president the White House,’ Mulholland said. ‘I am not a member of Mother Theresa’s sisters organization; I am a member of the Democratic Party.'”
And you’re completely bought and sold by corporations, you dummy. And I can’t I can’t imagine why … oh.
Panel: I was at one of those corporate gangbangs once and everybody just wanted to fuck me up the ass.
Jimmy Dore: I’m glad we took time out for that joke.
Panel: Why is he dragging Mother Teresa into this? Yeah I was wondering with that analogy, too. Where is he going with that?
Jimmy Dore: He is trying to say like, you guys are too pure. That’s what that is. I don’t belong to a purity organization. I’m a politician trying to win. You lost! Your way of doing things lost.
Panel: He really should have thought that through. I’m not part of a group that tries to help people. I’m a Democrat. Oh, that’s branding: needs some work there.
Jimmy Dore: Well put, Ron. I’m not a purity organization that helps people. I’m a Democrat.
Panel: His words, his words.
Jimmy Dore: “New York DNC Member Stuart Appelbaum, a co-sponsor of the resolution, insisted that it was crucial for voters to believe the DNC is accountable to them, not corporate interests.”
It is crucial; they don’t think that.
“‘This resolution provides us an important opportunity to send a message to the people of this country as to our values,’ said Appelbaum, president of the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union. ‘It is not something new: we operated this way for seven years!’ Appelbaum added. referring to the Obama-era ban.” It’s not.
“Resolution 33 appears to be narrower than the ban on contributions from lobbyists and PACs imposed by Obama, explicitly banning donations only corporate PACs.”
So this rule that they’re proposing isn’t even as broad as the one Barack Obama had implemented. It’s narrower than that and they still voted it down! Mmmm. Because we’d rather lose to a Republican than win with the progressive. We would rather lose to a Republican than stop taking our Wall Street money. We’d rather lose to a Republican than stop taking the big Pharma money.
That’s what this is. This isn’t about winning. It’s about keeping the corporate cash flow going. It isn’t about winning because you’re losing doing that. And they know they’re losing and they’re ok with that. They’re more okay with losing than they are with winning to a progressive.
“Ellison told Huffington Post in January that he would reinstate Obama’s ban on lobbyist donations. He subsequently walked back the promise, vowing only to make sure the measure was second and debated by the DNC’s executive committee.”
That’s what he said. We played that video out. He said we’re going to have a vote. We’re Democrats. I’m not going to make a decision. We’re going to vote about it.
So if we vote to be sellouts and be corrupted by corporate money, I’m going to go along with it. And he is.
That’s how bad the Democrats are. their big progressive, Keith Ellison, corporatist. Aaah, whatever, I’ll go along. Does that bother anybody else?
Panel: Yeah, the whole thing is super upsetting. It’s just ridiculous. It’s just like you keep saying, I mean, they aren’t Democrats. They are just Republicans with a different name.
Jimmy Dore: I agree.
Panel: But it’s so nice watching them all be besties. C’mon, that unity for all of us to learn from. I feel good.
Jimmy Dore: I do. I love it when Tom Perez and Keith Ellison go and do interviews together.
Panel: They need to get bracelets.
Jimmy Dore: “His chief opponent, former Labor Secretary Tom Perez, declined to say whether he supports the idea of such a ban.”
So there you go. You wonder what’s wrong with the Democrats?
Panel: He won’t even take a stand.
Jimmy Dore: He won’t even take a stand.
Panel: One way or the other. Just make a decision. That’s your job. Your job is to make a decision.
Jimmy Dore: Why do you think he won’t make a stand because his stand is obviously the wrong thing.
Panel: There is no transparency. That’s his answer.
Jimmy Dore: Yeah, that’s their answer, transparency. We’re going to do another story on that, about how they think they’re going to fix everything with transparency.
So this is still more of the problem. Hey Democrats, what did you learn? We learned that we need to keep taking corporate money and be just like the establishment that thing that everyone hates. That’s what we learned.
John F. O’Donnell: You know the Democratic Party is back, baby, back from the dead. They’re like Neo from the Matrix or Spock from Star Trek Three after Captain Kirk goes, “Khan”. They redeemed themselves by electing the progressive Berniecrat, Keith Ellison, as the head of the Democratic National Committee.
Donna Brazile: It is my honor now to present the gavel of the next chair of the Democratic National Committee to Mr. Tom Perez. Mr. Perez, congratulations.
John F. O’Donnell: Tom Perez? But he was the labor secretary under Obama. He was pro TPP and all in for Hillary Clinton during the campaign. He’s not a progressive. There must be some sort of mistake here.
Zaid Jilani of the Intercept: Keith Ellison started out very strong in this race. He received endorsements not only from Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren but also from Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer, from a wide variety of labor unions. I mean, in a way, he really was the unity candidate in that he had brought together Sanders backers and Clinton backers.
John F. O’Donnell: Sounds good. Democratic Party clicking on all cylinders. So what happened?
Glenn Greenwald: …As Ellison’s momentum built, the Obama White House worked to recruit Perez to run against Ellison. They succeeded…Why did the White House work to recruit someone to sink Ellison? … What’s the rationale? None has ever been provided.
John F. O’Donnell: None has ever been provided. Touche quote reveal, I’ll see your lack of an explanation and raise you this:
Clio Change of the New Republic: There is one real difference between the two: Ellison has captured the support of the left wing … It appears that the underlying reason some Democrats prefer Perez over Ellison has nothing to do with ideology, but rather his loyalty to the Obama wing. As the head of the DNC, Perez would allow that wing to retain more control….
John F. O’Donnell: So you’re telling me the establishment Democrats that I’m trying real hard to get behind here sold out the progressives again? They’re the worst! They’re like Hans Gruber from Die Hard or Nurse Ratchet from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
Glenn Greenwald: There’s an uglier and tawdrier aspect to this. Just over two weeks after Ellison announced, the largest single funder of both the Democratic Party and the Clinton machine–the Israeli-American billionaire Haim Saban–launched an incredibly toxic attack on Ellison, designed to signal his veto. ‘He is clearly an anti-Semite and anti-Israel individual,” pronounced Saban about the African-American Muslim congressman.’
John F. O’Donnell: Seriously? They pulled the anti-Semite card? What are they trying to say, he’s like that character from Inglorious Bastards, what was his name? Oh, Hitler! Yes, Ellison is the first Muslim American ever elected to the US Congress, which should be embraced. And by all accounts he’s moderate on Israel-Palestine. This is a total hit job. I’m starting to hate the corporate Democrats again!
Clio Change: This reluctance to cede control comes despite the fact that Democrats have lost over 1,000 state legislature seats since 2009. There is no case for Perez that cannot be made for Ellison, while Ellison is able to energize progressives in ways that Perez cannot.
John F. O’Donnell: Why corporate Democrats? Stop denying power to the progressive left. You know it’s a losing move. Your party has imploded and all you care about are your corporate donors at the expense of even winning elections let alone the well-being of the American people.
You’re like the Bad News Bears. Wait, scratch that. You’re like the remake of the Bad News Bears. No one is even buying tickets to your show. They all went home.
Your concern for the working people of this country has all been a con.
Reporting from Washington, John F. O’Donnell, Redacted Tonight.
Our intelligence agencies have issued disclaimers stating that their reports of Russian hacking of the election lack any proof of facts
Jimmy Dore: The intelligence agencies have been releasing the reports to convince us that we should be upset at Russia because they hacked our election. First of all, who gives a shit if they did? The United States tapped Angela Merkel’s phone, and she’s our ally. We do this shit all the time. Okay? And don’t think we’re not hacking Russia all the time also so it doesn’t bother me at all.
This is what James Clapper revealed. This is what intelligence agencies do, so ok? And what people are really upset about is that, oh my God, Russia got access to John Podesta’s emails and then they ran around spreading the truth.
So they put out this big report . This is the first one they put up. It’s the joint analysis report from the NCCIC and the FBI.
Now the first thing I want you to notice is that there’s a disclaimer that comes with their intelligence report. There’s a disclaimer. You want to know what that disclaimer says? That disclaimer says, “Disclaimer: This report is provided ‘as is’ for informational purposes only. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.”
Stef Zamorano: I don’t know. I think I want some warranties when it comes from Homeland Security.
Dore: So what the old intelligence agencies are saying, hey even this shit were saying, even I’m not not even standing by it. We’re not even standing by it. They’re not even standing by it. And every stupid jagoff journalist and democratic hack in the country is screaming about this.
And then they released another one just on January 6th called the “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections.” The intelligence community assessment. Background to assessing Russian activities and intentions in recent US elections: the analytic process and cyber incident attribution. So that’s the one that came out on the sixth.
So let’s look into there. “Indeed, the report, like the Grizzly steppe effort, includes an unusual disclaimer disclaimer: This new one also came with the disclaimer that they put in the appendix. And the disclaimer they put in the appendix was. “Estimated Language” that “Judgments are not intended to imply that we have proof that shows something to be a fact.”
Just quit reading right there. This is the lip. So I went to a CIA guy who writes for the American Conservative, Philip Giraldi, and he was an ex-CIA guy so do I believe him? You say I’m supposed to believe the CIA now right? Well he’s a CIA guy. I’m supposed to believe him, right? Well here’s what he says: “No smoking gun on Russia hack. Language used the intelligence community’s latest report.” Suggests. Yes it does suggest.
“So the latest attempt to nail perfidious Moscow is, to my mind, yet another miss-mash of soft facts combined with plenty of opinion and maybe even a bit of good old Cold War-style politics.” That’s quite a stew.
“A lot of sometimes wild speculation and judgments based on fragmentary information taken together are not a good basis for determining foreign policy.” It’s what got us into the Iraq war, killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions, setting the Middle East on fire. It’s what got us into Libya. Got us into first Gulf War. Got us in Vietnam. Bullshit.
“A lot of sometimes wild speculation and judgments based on fragmentary information taken together are not a good basis for determining foreign policy, particularly if one is dealing with a powerful foreign state that is heavily armed with nuclear weapons and ballistic-missile delivery systems.”
So those reports that everyone’s screaming about how great they were, they are bullshit. They come with disclaimers that the people putting them out are saying, hey, we are not vouching for this. We’re not going to vouch for our own report, okay? Just so you know.
But I’m going to give it to all the knuckleheads at CNN and MSNBC and they’re going to go with it. They’re not. And the New York Times, and John Harwood, and Kurt Eichenfuck: all the morons.