Is Hillary Clinton an elitist? Do you charge $300,000 for a speech, and get a private jet, presidential suite at a luxury hotel, meals, etc.?
Is your standard charge for a speech $300,000? According to an article appearing on the website of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, and a May 31, 2013 email, Clinton’s standard contract usually includes:
- Round-trip transportation on a chartered private jet “e.g., a Gulfstream 450 or larger jet,” plus round-trip business class travel for two advance staffers who will arrive up to three days in advance.
- Hotel accommodations selected by Clinton’s staff and including “a presidential suite for Secretary Clinton and up to three (3) adjoining or contiguous single rooms for her travel aides and up to two (2) additional single rooms for the advance staff.”
- A $500 travel stipend to cover out-of-pocket costs for Clinton’s lead travel aide.
- Meals and incidentals for Clinton, her travel aides and advance staff, as well as all phone charges.
- Final approval of all moderators or introducers.
However, Hillary Clinton, to her credit, agreed to a discounted fee of $225,000 for a speech on October 13th at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Foundation fundraiser, even though her husband spoke at the 2012 UNLV Foundation dinner for $250,000.
Although Hillary Clinton stated that she and Bill Clinton were dead broke when they left the White House, according to Politico, between 2001 through 2012 Bill Clinton has been paid $104.9 million for 542 speeches. That averages out to $193,542 per speech. Not a bad recovery, heh?
About William Brighenti
William Brighenti is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor, and Certified Business Valuation Analyst. Bill began his career in public accounting in 1979. Since then he has worked at various public accounting firms throughout Connecticut. Bill received a Master of Science in Professional Accounting degree from the University of Hartford, after attending the University of Connecticut and Central Connecticut State University for his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts degrees. He subsequently attended Purdue University for doctoral studies in Accounting and Quantitative Methods in Business.
Bill has instructed graduate and undergraduate courses in Accounting, Auditing, and other subjects at the University of Hartford, Central Connecticut State University, Hartford State Technical College, and Purdue University. He also taught GMAT and CPA Exam Review Classes at the Stanley H. Kaplan Educational Center and at Person-Wolinsky, and is certified to teach trade-related subjects at Connecticut Vocational Technical Schools. His articles on tax and accounting have been published in several professional journals throughout the country as well as on several accounting websites. William was born and raised in New Britain, Connecticut, and served on the City's Board of Finance and Taxation as well as its City Plan Commission.
In addition to the blog, Accounting and Taxes Simplified, Bill writes a blog, "The Barefoot Accountant", for the Accounting Web, a Sift Media publication.
I would not pay either Hillary or Bill the sex offender not one dime to give a speech
who wants to hear all their lies and liberal agenda.