OK, we finally got Osama…. So should the middle class celebrate, hail Obama as the conquering hero, shout gleefully “mission accomplished”, after spending $1.5 trillion and, in the process, bankrupting our country as well as risking the solvency of social security and medicare? In my opinion, now it’s time to get President Obama … out of office. Why? Why?!
President Obama is not your President. He is no friend to the middle class of America.
- Didn’t President Obama fail to fight for a single-payer healthcare program, which he vowed that he would do while running for President so that we would be spared those exorbitant health insurance premiums and costs, and so that the private insurers and pharmaceutical companies would not be raping us middle-class Americans out of billions of dollars every year?
- Didn’t Obama also promise to tax the rich instead of appointing a Deficit Commission in order to hide behind their all-but-certain proposal to cut our Social Security and Medicare programs—as well as cut our safety-net social programs and raise taxes on us—all under his lame excuse for the need to “share the pain”? (Didn’t you just happen to notice that the rich have been excused from sharing any pain thus far?)
- Didn’t Obama also promise to bring all of the troops home by now, instead of having our military involved in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya, with military spending costing us $700 billion annually?
- Didn’t Obama fail to create jobs as he promised over and over that he would do when running for President? (Didn’t you hear on April 27th Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s admission of its inability to do anything further on creating jobs?!)
- Didn’t Obama bail out those Wall Streeters who caused our economic collapse and who continue to export jobs overseas so that now we have a bifurcated economy: the Wall Streeters making more money than ever with the middle class continuing its slide into poverty?
Recall that President Obama enlisted the economic counsel of Wall Streeters and advisors of former President Bill Clinton. Larry Summers had been the chief architect of Obama’s economic policy in his first two years of office, recently replaced by Timothy Geithner, a guy who never met a CEO that he wouldn’t hug. If President Obama was for the middle class, he would have appointed a voice of labor, such as Robert Reich, to be his economic advisor instead of a lover of Wall Street.
President Barack Obama, like former President Bill Clinton, is a centrist and corporatist. Both Presidents have never represented middle class America and never will. Back in 2008 Bill Clinton was worth $109 million. Do you realize that when Slick Willie first ran for President back in 1992 that he was only worth a couple of hundred thousand dollars? The ever perennial question is, how the heck did he accumulate so much wealth in such a short period of time? Politics sure pays well, doesn’t it?
It’s time for the middle class to find another leader. We need a voice for real change for middle America, a real Progressive, not another surrogate of the interests of Wall Street, the rich, and the multinational corporations, who finance the campaigns of Congress and Presidents. But the question is, why isn’t a Progressive challenging Barack Obama in a Democratic primary for the 2012 Presidential election? Where are the Bernie Sanders, Ralph Naders, Russ Feingolds, Howard Deans, Dennis Kuciniches, et al when our country so desperately needs a voice for the working class of America? Have they all realized that unless you kow-tow to the rich and powerful, you won’t get the required moolah to get elected?
I for one will not be duped again and vote for Barack Obama. In 2008 I voted for change, not more of the same. Since 1999, the middle class has lost 10% of its jobs. Where is the change Obama promised us when the big oil companies, the big banks, and others on Wall Street are reporting record profits? Where is the change Obama promised us when jobs are not expected to return to America for a very long time, if ever? And the jobs that may return will be at McDonalds, Wal-Mart, and the like? Our economy is no longer an industrial nation; it’s a McEconomy!
Please speak your mind, voice your opinions, and organize. We desperately need an independent voice to run in 2012, someone who will vigorously fight for the much needed change on behalf of the middle class. We need to organize into one united and loud voice and never let any politicians, particularly President Barack Obama, take our votes for granted. Never.
I agree 100%, which is why I have been trying to get the progressives to challenge him. We just funded a bus ad yesterday and its due to run in DC the next 2 wks or less and we need help getting the second bus ad up. Anybody wanting real hope and change needs to help us with this campaign and they need to also contact Adam Green and tell him to get a challenger to Obama. This ad shows 100% funded but that is just for the one ad. You can still contribute and it will go towards the 2nd ad.
My link to help get primary Obama ads out did not show up on my above link.
So if you want to help get out ads for the Progressives to challenge Obama, you can find it at epic step.
Obama has destroyed our country and he has ruined the economy and has us in debut and is trying to get New World Order to take over our country and destroy us! He needs to be kicked out of office! We need a real president, not this controlling money hungry person!